cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path to Apple Card program for declined applicants

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there any way to get onto the "path to an Apple CC" without applying?

Yeah, I applied and got denied (as expected). No path to apple email yet either. I'll keep my fingers crossed but not getting my hopes too high. There is always next year I guess. Maybe after 3 years, the bankruptcy will be less of a factor. 

Message 51 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about Path to Apple Card

When you got the "path to apple card email" was it part of the denial email or a separate email that came later?

Message 52 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Path to Apple card

@Red1Blue wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

This is fairly innovative.

I know it is good but considering the Apples stature in the industry this measure does no go far. What can some one do within 4 months to credit as their plan proposes. It is possible it can be done but, some people might need more time than 4 months to rebuild their credit.  I think they should introduce some thing like Amex Optima or a secured card like Discover / Citi and let people start building the relationship with Apple / Goldman. This keeps Apple customers as loyal customer base happy. Customers can get discounts from Apple for using the secured card when they purchase their product like the regular apple card. Any way Apple does have the industry to standard to bring some of these changes to card industry. 

I agree. I've signed up for it last month,  having had my ap declined. But nothing's happening... 🤷🏼‍♀️ I agree. 4 months is unlikely to be enough time. My 5 inquiries in MAR won't age to 6 months til early September. JUN will be my first CC's 1 year.  🎂 By AUG, I don't think enough will have happened by then. 

Ah well. 

Message 53 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

This is fairly innovative.

I know it is good but considering the Apples stature in the industry this measure does no go far. What can some one do within 4 months to credit as their plan proposes. It is possible it can be done but, some people might need more time than 4 months to rebuild their credit.  I think they should introduce some thing like Amex Optima or a secured card like Discover / Citi and let people start building the relationship with Apple / Goldman. This keeps Apple customers as loyal customer base happy. Customers can get discounts from Apple for using the secured card when they purchase their product like the regular apple card. Any way Apple does have the industry to standard to bring some of these changes to card industry. 

I agree. I've signed up for it last month,  having had my ap declined. But nothing's happening... 🤷🏼‍♀️ I agree. 4 months is unlikely to be enough time. My 5 inquiries in MAR won't age to 6 months til early September. JUN will be my first CC's 1 year.  🎂 By AUG, I don't think enough will have happened by then. 

Ah well. 

Being a good MF Peep... I phoned. 
in addition to 

*No other Inquiries 

*Keep paying On Time...

*they wanted my reported Credit Balances to be UNDER $500. 
Now, that's likely based on my TCL as of APR when I first applied. Now that my TCL is higher, I may ask about that in 3 months. 

She did let me know that hypothetically if I accomplish that sooner than the 4 months, I may qualify sooner. 🙏🏻 I'm likely to hit under $500 reporting in MAY depending on Pending Payments to clear in NFCU nRewards. But even if it doesn't work this month, I know that for JUN and may be able to get it under $499 all at reporting date. 

Ohhh. My 2 CA's will need to clear before I can accomplish that <$499 credit balance. 

Sharing w others in case it helps. 🙏🏻

Message 54 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Just idly wondering: has there been much success with this program?  Looks like it's much more than 4 months for many contributors here.

Message 55 of 56
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just idly wondering: has there been much success with this program?  Looks like it's much more than 4 months for many contributors here.

I did it and got approved. I didn't wait the entire 4 months either (I don't think). It really was more of a guide for me than a "do this to get approval" 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.