Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patience... Tell me to wait!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patience... Tell me to wait!

Repo has fallen off 2/3 reports as of this week. My only collection has fallen off 2/3 reports. I just found out that my FICO EQ score is now at 697. According to my FAKOs, my TU and EX scores are higher than EQ, so they may be above 700 FICO.

I only have 3 CCs at this time - one MC ($5k limit) and two store cards ($300 limits). I'm READY for more CCs!!

I close on a house on Tuesday. Here's my dilemma, do I wait until the collection (on EX) and repo (on TU) fall off or start apping on Wednesday?

Oh and I only have 2-3 inquiries on each report right now (mortgage co).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: Patience... Tell me to wait!

Prudent thing would be to wait  but   let me be an enabler  lol ....   Determine what  cards are attractive to you  and then  look at the credit pulls database and see who they pull.  From what  i  can see your EQ is clean  and your score isn't bad  so  I would  look for a card that fits my plan  which looks at EQ and try for that. Then wait till  the others are clean and app for the cards that pull from those cras.

hth

Message 2 of 5
Bella1980
Established Contributor

WAIT until it drops off because you just never know with a 100% certainty who they will pull.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can wait. But then I wonder what affect my mortgage loan will have when it appears on my reports too... So much to think about.

Message 4 of 5
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Most CU's pull EQ reliably. That said my local CU pulled all three when I got an auto loan from them.

Do you really need another credit card right now? If you don't and if you continue to improved your scores you will have a larger field to chose from and get a better deal - be it a higher CL or lower APR. I have been in your situation and waited. If you keep making timely payments and get your UTIL down things will be better tomorrow than they are today!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.