Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay BofA card online?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay BofA card online?

Is it possible to pay my BofA credit card online without using a BofA checking account or billpay? Can I pay it like any other credit card using my routing and account number?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay BofA card online?

Certainly you can!   I make online payments using a non-Bank of America checking account.  Like you mentioned, you must provide your routing and account number.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you tell me how to do this? All I see is bill pay or the option to transfer funds to my BofA checking or savings account to pay the cc?
Message 3 of 9
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

Open account.....click on your card name.........when the next page opens, look to the left column and click "PAY". When the next page opens......look to the red bar near the top and third from the left it will say "PAYMENT ACCOUNTS". Click on this and there will be a button saying "add accounts".

You can store more than one.

I spent a lot of time looking for this when I got my first BOA account. I hope I was able to save you time.

CI

@Anonymous wrote:
Could you tell me how to do this? All I see is bill pay or the option to transfer funds to my BofA checking or savings account to pay the cc?

Message 4 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

IF you have a BofA checking account you will have to pay the card using myeasypayment. It can be found on the right hand side of the page under pay from another institution.
Message 5 of 9
gpeach
Regular Contributor

In my opinion there are a few quirks to paying online with BofA. Especially if paying close to due date.

Be sure to make sure the date of payment is correct. For instance my bill was due on 5-6. But I went to make my payment on 5-1. It automatically fills in the 5-6. You have to manually change it to 5-1.The reason it is important as when I go to use online it says payments take a couple days before they post. So if it is filling in the 6th. It won't show up till later and then you could be late.

My due date changes by a week sometimes. Makes it hard to schedule payments in advance. 

And sometimes the due date is on a weekend. So you have to be sure to pay a few days before as online payments in my experience do not post for days.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually want to post a correction to the below.  Use myeasypayment.com to make a 1x payment that will post same day ... regardless of payment institution. BofA has a time parameter for online payments to post as same day payments. If you miss the time, myeasypayment.com is the only way to have the payment post same day and not have a negative impact to your payment history.

I use to pay online using their website, but now I use online billpay through my bank because it is sent electronically in one day. I have had to utilize the myeasypayment site 2xs because of shortened months and my due date changed. Check your banks billpay option and see the timeframe for them to send the payment. May be an easier option.

@smallfry wrote:
IF you have a BofA checking account you will have to pay the card using myeasypayment. It can be found on the right hand side of the page under pay from another institution.

Message 7 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually want to post a correction to the below.  Use myeasypayment.com to make a 1x payment that will post same day ... regardless of payment institution. BofA has a time parameter for online payments to post as same day payments. If you miss the time, myeasypayment.com is the only way to have the payment post same day and not have a negative impact to your payment history.

I use to pay online using their website, but now I use online billpay through my bank because it is sent electronically in one day. I have had to utilize the myeasypayment site 2xs because of shortened months and my due date changed. Check your banks billpay option and see the timeframe for them to send the payment. May be an easier option.

@smallfry wrote:

What part of my post are you correcting? He asked how to pay BofA online. Nothing I stated is incorrect.

Message 8 of 9
haiti222
Contributor

There are techncial problems with the BOA website where, if you have a BOA checking account, you cannot make payments using outside checking accounts and have to use myeasypayment.com instead.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.