Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Pal Buyers Credit Plug In / Allows you to use Paypay anywhere online

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay Pal Buyers Credit Plug In / Allows you to use Paypay anywhere online

Uniqua wrote:
IMO, temporary CC numbers are better and safer than using actual CC numbers when shopping online - as is Paypal. The time it takes to prove fraudulent charges are not mine is a waste of time when I could just use a temp number. Calling around canceling accounts, putting fraud alerts on CRs, signing and returning affidavits, etc. is too time consuming. Just because CCs are backed-up with fraud protections doesn't mean you won't have a hard time proving certain charges are not yours. Been there, done that. The bank eventually held me responsible for a purchase I did not make. Had to wait nearly a month to get a new CC too.

Again, I think it is a wonderful tool and I'm sure others will too. Not getting rid of it any time soon. Anywayssssss

Uniqua this is a very good way of being safer with your CC, BTW dont most CCC make you responsible for atleast $50 if CC is stolen and used for a fraudulent charge?  Thats a pretty high fee if you ask me!
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Uniqua wrote:
IMO, temporary CC numbers are better and safer than using actual CC numbers when shopping online - as is Paypal. The time it takes to prove fraudulent charges are not mine is a waste of time when I could just use a temp number. Calling around canceling accounts, putting fraud alerts on CRs, signing and returning affidavits, etc. is too time consuming. Just because CCs are backed-up with fraud protections doesn't mean you won't have a hard time proving certain charges are not yours. Been there, done that. The bank eventually held me responsible for a purchase I did not make. Had to wait nearly a month to get a new CC too.

Again, I think it is a wonderful tool and I'm sure others will too. Not getting rid of it any time soon. Anywayssssss

Uniqua this is a very good way of being safer with your CC, BTW dont most CCC make you responsible for atleast $50 if CC is stolen and used for a fraudulent charge? Thats a pretty high fee if you ask me!

If your point with using PayPal is that it helps you against fraudulent charges made against your bank account , then you're wrong. PayPal has one of the WORST reps for protecting their consumers.

Someone used my PP account to buy plane tickets -- didn't have that much $$ in my PP account, so where did it come from? Yep, my BANK ACCOUNT. If it had been an issue with my bank card, the money would have been returned within 48 hours. As it was PP takes up to 30-60 days to resolve disputes.

And FTR, PP's dispute procedures make the CRA's look like consumer luv.
Message 12 of 19
Uniqua
Established Contributor

You know, it never ceases to amaze me. Some people always have something negative to say and/or always trying to prove others wrong.

Don't worry about my point as it obviously went over your head. Moving along!
Message 13 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Uniqua wrote:
You know, it never ceases to amaze me. Some people always have something negative to say and/or always trying to prove others wrong.

Don't worry about my point as it obviously went over your head. Moving along!

OK, these are public forums. And one of the reasons that we have them is for people to share their experiences.

I didn't see the previous post as an attack of any kind; just as a general warning.

The two of you have had different experiences with PayPal, and it's helpful to the rest of us to share them. No need for the personal junk, please.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 19
Uniqua
Established Contributor

It's one thing to share your experience. It's another to tell me I'm wrong because I've had a positive one especially when I'm not doing that to others. Feel free to delete my post if you don't like it.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
OK, these are public forums. And one of the reasons that we have them is for people to share their experiences.

I didn't see the previous post as an attack of any kind; just as a general warning.

The two of you have had different experiences with PayPal, and it's helpful to the rest of us to share them. No need for the personal junk, please.

Its for people to share there experiences, but not tell someone they are wrong about there's! I personally know several people that have had very good experiences with PP disputes, that don't mean that everyone will have a good experience! Everyone have to realize that we are all human, we all have problems sometime (some more than others); however the people that we deal with maybe having a bad day or what have you! Just take the time to think about it, how many people have had very bad experiences with different CCC, better yet how many of us have been declined for a CC and called a backdoor number and got a terrible CSR/great CSR? The answer to this will very as to each person may have had a very different experience, some of us have called the regular numbers for recon and our problems are solved and some the back door and our problems are solved but that don't mean that because it work for one it will work for all! This is a public forum; however we all still need to be respectful to others regardless of our experiences!  

Message 16 of 19
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

My experience is that Paypal is a worthless means of security for everything beyond eBay.

Just my 2 cents.

Buying on eBay with paypal is commonplace now, for good reason.  But if they aren't managing the transaction, paypal will do nothing to help you imho.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some sites such as Amazon do not accept paypal. If you like to have a few hundred $$ in paypal (like I usually do), then it is a nice alternative to paying on these sites, that normally won't allow you to use paypal.
Message 18 of 19
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Substituting PP for a CC to avoid fraud problems is fools gold. CC's have fraud protection. PP has squat. If you ever have a problem with a PP transaction and that transaction was not backed by a CC you are screwed. I have been there and know exactly what I am talking about. You say you have fraud protection because the generated CC number is temporary. That is only going to protect you against someone else trying to post a transaction to that CC number. What if the vendor scams you? (Read: Merchadise not as represented!) What kind of protections do you have against that type of fraud? I have only had a fraudulent transaction posted to a CC via scamming of my CC number once, lifetime and I have been using CC's for over 30 years. (Which was immediately resolved by the CCC.) On the other hand I have had to use a CCC to resolve transactions with defrauding merchants at least a half a dozen times.

I would never conduct any transaction with a PP account if the payment was not coming ultimately off a CC. NEVER! THIS GOES TEN-FOLD OVER IF THE PAYMENT IS FOR AN E-BAY PURCHASE!
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.