Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Pal Credit- data points?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay Pal Credit- data points?

The thread recently w the PenFed data points is what I'm hoping to re-create here. 

I know they do periodic account review soft pulls (AR) but does anyone know when they do those and how long it takes to take action on an account (if any)?

Also would like to know whether they do a soft pull when you try to purchase something greater in amount than the available credit at that moment or do they refer back to most recent AR to make their approval/denial or CLI?

Thanks all! I love having PPC for airline tix/hotel etc. w the 6 months interest free.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay Pal Credit- data points?

PPC/CCB ; I opened mine about 3 Yrs post BK7 (2014) but with already a few opened CC accts in good standing showing. They pulled my EQ F8 which was in the 650s with around 3-5 inqs at that time. SL was $1K now at $4.5K. Still a hidden TL at the moment. I like the 6 months 0% for $99+ purchases.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Two ways to get a CLI with paypal credit by either going over the CLI and they will aprove or decline it based on the last SP or AR they done on your account and that will increase your limit; this is a SP...  They also usually yearly or possibly bi-yearly review accounts and give out CLIs to alot of people if your profile/useage, etc support it also obviosuly a SP..  There is no way to manually request one other than trying to go over your CL.  

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do a softpull when you attempt to go over the CLI.  If you want a higher CLI, go over it.  Like you I like it also and mine started at $3,000 and now at $12,000.  All that by going over line to get a CLI.

Message 4 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

They do a softpull when you attempt to go over the CLI.  If you want a higher CLI, go over it.  Like you I like it also and mine started at $3,000 and now at $12,000.  All that by going over line to get a CLI.

I think this is the highest I have heard of on a CL for PPC..Impressive

Message 5 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats really impressive Yes Its MeSmiley Happy. Take that Blispay lolSmiley Happy

I think my last 2 increases were from sp AR maybe 6 months apart, could have bern 3 , dont remember but for sure did see a AR by Paypal in Feb where they gave me 1k. Currently at 2590, not bad coming from a sl of 550Smiley Wink.
Message 6 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

PPC is great.  I used it a lot when I was rebuilding and only had low limit cards.  I got my limit up by doing exactly what everyone here is suggesting.  I kept spending over my limit and they kept bumping it up.  I used it a lot to pay for my American Airlines airfare when I traveled.  Was nice to have no payment/interest for 6 months.  Used it for airfare for a little over a year (until I started getting useful limits on actual credit cards) and I was bumped from my initlal limit of $700 to where it sits now at $6400.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing to keep in mind about Paypal Credit - they do NOT report to any of the credit agencies.  So if you're trying to improve your credit score, Paypal Credit will not give you any boost regardless of how long you have an account.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One thing to keep in mind about Paypal Credit - they do NOT report to any of the credit agencies.  So if you're trying to improve your credit score, Paypal Credit will not give you any boost regardless of how long you have an account.

Sephiroth. That name is giving me a strage urge to go home and play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix.. Sephiroth was indeed the hardest person for me to beat. LOL!

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sephiroth. That name is giving me a strage urge to go home and play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix.. Sephiroth was indeed the hardest person for me to beat. LOL!

He had so many health bars it was ridiculous - definitely one of the toughest battles of any game I've played

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.