cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay pal mastercard by Synchrony bank now has 20K max limit when asking for CLI.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Pay pal mastercard by Synchrony bank now has 20K max limit when asking for CLI.

Couple of days ago ask for Credit increase on my Paypal mastercard which has a 20K limit which I got back in april 7 . Just got e letter from Synchrony, the letter saids that the reason for denial is you have reach the max limit set by bank policy set by bank. I called Synchrony bank at credit solutions and spoke to us person who told me that in last year the bank has new policy for the Paypal mastercard which is that the max limit for when asking for credit increase can not have account go over 20K. Has any one been able to get increase on ther paypal mastercard to go over 20K?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

Re: Pay pal mastercard by Synchrony bank now has 20K max limit when asking for CLI.

I'm at $20k. So, I'm guessing I'm maxed out.

Current Cards:

Stats (updated: 2/22/2024):

Message 2 of 12
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay pal mastercard by Synchrony bank now has 20K max limit when asking for CLI.

Why don't try requesting an increase and see what happens, it is soft pull.

Message 3 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thats scarey the way Sync has been closing accounts. Too much exposure. If your using it. Fine. If not. They'll yank it it seems. I wont ask anymore. Happy where im at. Dont want to lose my PP MC. It gets used.

Message 4 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Couple of days ago ask for Credit increase on my Paypal mastercard which has a 20K limit which I got back in april 7 . Just got e letter from Synchrony, the letter saids that the reason for denial is you have reach the max limit set by bank policy set by bank. I called Synchrony bank at credit solutions and spoke to us person who told me that in last year the bank has new policy for the Paypal mastercard which is that the max limit for when asking for credit increase can not have account go over 20K. Has any one been able to get increase on ther paypal mastercard to go over 20K?

I got mine above that but that was not in the last year.

Message 5 of 12
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Why don't try requesting an increase and see what happens, it is soft pull.

Only got it that high recently, so it can stay there.

Current Cards:

Stats (updated: 2/22/2024):

Message 6 of 12
firefox100
Valued Contributor

news up date about synchrony creditcards, the CFO was reported in the news, saying that they are closing accounts and cutting credit limits to customers who had ther scores go down over the last year. He also said that charge off rate is about 5% and may start to rise to about 6 % in the next year. So far none of my accounts have been closed or limits cut. My scores are all over 800 see what happens.

Message 7 of 12
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

Now it makes sense and thought I was being single out since I've seen many that have limits over $20k. I've been stuck at $20k for PayPal, Venmo, and Sam's Club. It's more than enough, but just like everyone else in here, we just want more for "bragging" rights.

Message 8 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

mine was at 25k when it was Paypal Extras MC until 2016 when I heard they were AA'ing accounts and I had alot of expoure with synch near 100k or right at. I voluntarily lowered mine to 15k I think it's at now, but for sure I was at 25k..I never experienced any AA from synch but I lowered all my 25k limits down to 10-20k.

I know this is a slightly older thread, but Im wondering if its something they are new to doing. Remember in 08, the fed stepped in and backed GE Capital (where synchrony spun off from) to the tune of 126 BILLION... so by lowering credit lines, they are having a direct impact on inflation.. less credit, less spend, less inflation. I wouldn't be shocked to hear if bank members that are a part of the PRIVATE Federal Reserve bank (yes its a private enterprise that the govt never gets to audit, ever) are being told to cut back on credit to ease inflation. I think in the 70s Jimmy Carter had a speech telling americans to use less credit to lower inflation lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

mine was at 25k when it was Paypal Extras MC until 2016 when I heard they were AA'ing accounts and I had alot of expoure with synch near 100k or right at. I voluntarily lowered mine to 15k I think it's at now, but for sure I was at 25k..I never experienced any AA from synch but I lowered all my 25k limits down to 10-20k.

I know this is a slightly older thread, but Im wondering if its something they are new to doing. Remember in 08, the fed stepped in and backed GE Capital (where synchrony spun off from) to the tune of 126 BILLION... so by lowering credit lines, they are having a direct impact on inflation.. less credit, less spend, less inflation. I wouldn't be shocked to hear if bank members that are a part of the PRIVATE Federal Reserve bank (yes its a private enterprise that the govt never gets to audit, ever) are being told to cut back on credit to ease inflation. I think in the 70s Jimmy Carter had a speech telling americans to use less credit to lower inflation lol

And get myfico shut down for encouraging economic terrorism!  "Members of the jury, this shameless site openly, and proudly, encouraged people to constantly request credit line increases they had no need of, using the code words "gardening" and "padding"  Cell members would post boasts as to how they helped stoke inflation (making life harder for all) with how they had obtained more and more of this totally unneeded credit."

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.