Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal 2% MC - Using Temp Limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal 2% MC - Using Temp Limit?

I'm confused and customer service was completely unhelpful. Has anyone used their temporary available credit before receiving the card in the mail? Can you only use their "Shop Now" link on PayPal site? Or should you be able to checkout with PayPal at any store that allows it?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PayPal 2% MC - Using Temp Limit?

Id imagine if its linked alteady to your Paypal, were you to buy something at a store ot online that allows Paypal as a payment method, you will be able to use up to whstever limit shows in your account. Just remember sometimes temp limit is your limitSmiley Wink. I had a temp limit of $300.....yup, actual limit was $300🤦‍♂️
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal 2% MC - Using Temp Limit?

That was my assumption too but I tried checking out with PayPal on a Walmart order for well under the credit limit and it wouldn't go through. And CS rep either didnt understand my issue or really had no idea how to answer me about it. She confirmed at least that it's all good in my account hood. I'll just wait a day or two to place the order. Should have the card by then.
And yeah I was afraid of getting that full on $300 limit but received $700 with $200 temp. Almost living the high life over here lol.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.