Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit 0% APR 24 month eBay promotions are still a happening thing

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

PayPal Credit 0% APR 24 month eBay promotions are still a happening thing

There was some speculation as to whether or not Synchrony would continue with offering Paypal promotions offering 0% APR over 24 months on eBay purchases greater than $600 once they finished their assimilation.

Well, they are.  I got this in an email this afternoon.

ppcredit.jpg

As always with PP Credit, YMMV.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit 0% APR 24 month eBay promotions are still a happening thing

PPCYMMVSYNCB BOOYA!Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hey AJC, on a different note Citi did come through with offers this quarter on the Sears card, exactly a week into the quarter as is typical.

The first one was 5X bonus TYP on gas/restaurant/groceries at a mininum $2K/month spend.  Bzzzt.

I also got one for 10X bonus spend for making online purchases totalling between $500-$1K before September 30.  That one I accepted.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Speaking of special financing just got this from Home depot ends pretyy quick though

No Interest if Paid in Full within 18 Months
on purchases of $499 or more. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the purchase balance (including premiums for optional credit insurance) is not paid in full within 18 months. Valid now through 07/17/2019.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I came very close to tossing an app for PayPal Credit in today. Newegg is offering 20% off a 2080 Ti on eBay and I saw the offer for 24 months on PayPal Credit. I just am not sure I want to spend $1K on a graphics card when the 2080 Super is going to be inbetween a 2080 and 2080 Ti for $699 and I need to be gardening anyway.

I am not surprised Sync is keeping the deferred offers though — in fact, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them offer them more often at other sites. Sync loves customers who forget to pay those off in time.
Message 5 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I got the same offer today, too. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

8E16743A-99F7-497B-8F00-1D7149A207C2.jpeg

Doesn’t seem to be targeted.

Message 7 of 9
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

If you accept a 0% promotional deal and use your card for non-promotional items...are you forced into paying interest on that (because you haven't paid your account in full by the due date)?

Message 8 of 9
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@frugal47374 wrote:

If you accept a 0% promotional deal and use your card for non-promotional items...are you forced into paying interest on that (because you haven't paid your account in full by the due date)?

No. You pay $27.00 a month and whatever else you purchased over that $27 but under the promotional $99 to not incur interest charges on the non-promotional spend.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.