Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit Opinions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Credit Opinions?

I was approved for PPC several months ago. I had a glitchy time getting approved, didn't realize I had to set up a different PP account, etc. Anyway, I think it's a great addition to a credit file, especially being a 'hidden'  credit line. I have only used it once because I'm not sure how to use it if I'm not buying online? Also, the only way to get a higher CL ( they approved me at $1400) is to purchase something for more than your SL? 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit Opinions?

True but eventually they may give an auto cl. Ive had mine over a year or so and about 2 months or so ago they gave me an auto cl of 1,000. Im at the lower level of approved so i dont expect anymore big cls but its nice to have a hidden tl that can give you 6 months interest free or no payments on purchases over $99Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My aunt told me PayPal reports to the CB. I think she's mistaken. Is it true? I thought it was a hidden tradeline?
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My aunt told me PayPal reports to the CB. I think she's mistaken. Is it true? I thought it was a hidden tradeline?

PayPal Credit is HIDDEN; PayPal Extras Mastercard REPORTS.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok maybe she has the MasterCard
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh ok maybe she has the MasterCard

Yes, that must be it. The PP Mastercard has grown on me and I've been giving more spend, lately.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well at least in the past, they would report if the account went south. I have a charged-off paypal credit account that's almost old enough to be off my report to prove it.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, PPC is hidden so it's very nice to have. PPMC does report, I have both & my PPMC has also grown alot. It started out as PPSC then got upgraded to MC. But, re: my OP, am not sure how to use PPC when it's not an online purchase. Anyone? 

Message 8 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, PPC is hidden so it's very nice to have. PPMC does report, I have both & my PPMC has also grown alot. It started out as PPSC then got upgraded to MC. But, re: my OP, am not sure how to use PPC when it's not an online purchase. Anyone? 

Edit:  From the info I was able to find, the Paypal debit card can only be linked to PP MasterCard, Smart Connect, or a bank account at this time, not Paypal credit.

If you get the Paypal debit card you can set your PP credit account to be the funding source, so basically you can use the debit card like a credit card to use your Paypal Credit account anywhere MasterCard is accepted. 

Note that Paypal refers to their debit card as the "Paypal Business Debit Card", but it's available on regular/personal accounts as well... I've had one for nearly a decade.  Smiley Happy

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/debit-card

Edited to add:  This only works if you select 'credit' when paying; do not enter your PIN. 

Message 9 of 23
baller4life
Super Contributor

Wait what?. OMG I did not know this! Thx UncleB! 😄
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.