Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit Opinions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Credit Opinions?

Honestly, all of the best aspects of Paypal involve the concept of "hidden."

First, I'm really thankful for you guys for bringing up the fact that it's a hidden tradeline.  I had been looking for a way to purchase a new expensive musical instrument and stretch it out while keeping utilization in check for a planned March CLI assault.  Thanks to this thread, I found it. 

Second, a user asked what the point of the Paypal debit card was.  For me, "hidden" is the point.  I can sell a bunch of junk on eBay, and maintain a slush fund outside the family budget and unpoliced by the wife.  Useful for surprise presents for her as well as more unnecessary gadgetry for myself. Smiley Happy

I noticed that Paypal credit is usable seemingly anywhere that takes Paypal as a payment option.  This includes at least two of the big musical gear dealers.  After I purchased my instrument using PPC, I went to Musicians Friend and Sweetwater and bought (necessary) accessories, also billing them to PPC, by simply choosing Paypal as a payment option and then being prompted on whether to bill my funding sources or PPC.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First, I'm really thankful for you guys for bringing up the fact that it's a hidden tradeline.  I had been looking for a way to purchase a new expensive musical instrument and stretch it out while keeping utilization in check for a planned March CLI assault.  Thanks to this thread, I found it. 

Second, a user asked what the point of the Paypal debit card was.  For me, "hidden" is the point.  I can sell a bunch of junk on eBay, and maintain a slush fund outside the family budget and unpoliced by the wife.  Useful for surprise presents for her as well as more unnecessary gadgetry for myself. Smiley Happy

I noticed that Paypal credit is usable seemingly anywhere that takes Paypal as a payment option.  This includes at least two of the big musical gear dealers.  After I purchased my instrument using PPC, I went to Musicians Friend and Sweetwater and bought (necessary) accessories, also billing them to PPC, by simply choosing Paypal as a payment option and then being prompted on whether to bill my funding sources or PPC.

Everything you say is spot on but there is one additional benefit to PPC and that's the extended financing they offer at 0% on almost all medium to large purchases.  I currently have 6 different extended plans running at 0% from 6 to 18 months.  I love it.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Everything you say is spot on but there is one additional benefit to PPC and that's the extended financing they offer at 0% on almost all medium to large purchases.  I currently have 6 different extended plans running at 0% from 6 to 18 months.  I love it.

Yes, I should have mentioned that.  The expensive instrument is at 0% for six months.  It will be paid off in three or four at the most.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.