Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit/PayPal Extras Combined Account Access

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Credit/PayPal Extras Combined Account Access

wrote:
The initial post said that PayPal will allow combining account access or logins. It doesn't say anything about combining the credit lines. Am I reading this right? 
CORRECT...ONE PORTAL (VIA ONE EMAIL ADDRESS LOGON) FOR BOTH ACCOUNTS.
Message 11 of 20
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Update #2
After another 1+ hour call with PayPal customer service and PPMC/Synchrony customer service, the following information was provided:

The PP Credit account can be linked to a PP Cashback or Extras MasterCard account. However, the linking can only go in one direction because the PP MasterCard (Synchrony) account cannot be delinked from the PP account used to open the account. The PP Credit (Comenity) account must be moved to the PP account that hosts the PP MasterCard account (Synchrony).

Source: PayPal customer service and PayPal CB / Synchrony customer service.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Update #2
After another 1+ hour call with PayPal customer service and PPMC/Synchrony customer service, the following information was provided:

The PP Credit account can be linked to a PP Cashback or Extras MasterCard account. However, the linking can only go in one direction because the PP MasterCard (Synchrony) account cannot be delinked from the PP account used to open the account. The PP Credit (Comenity) account must be moved to the PP account that hosts the PP MasterCard account (Synchrony).

That's how I did it. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

wrote:

wrote:

Update #2

It seems like once you get both accounts on the same PayPal account/email you could switch the email addresses around if that's what you wanted/needed to do.  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 20
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

This kinda blows chunks for me.

i have a PP account with 11 years of history and has PP credit

I have a newish Account (1yr) with PP 2%.

i really wanted to keep the old account. I can process CC transactions with the old one. Even own the chip equipment

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Update #2

It seems like once you get both accounts on the same PayPal account/email you could switch the email addresses around if that's what you wanted/needed to do.  Smiley Wink

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 15 of 20
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Update #2

@UncleB - *thumbs up* 

Final update

• The PP login associated with the PP Credit acount had the primary email address I wanted to use. So, I went through the process of swapping it to an alternate email address.
  • Then I updated the PP login associated with the PP 2% MC to the email address I wanted to use. 
  • Next, I called PP Credit customer service (do not call Synchrony) had had them move the PP Credit account to the primary email address now associated with the PP 2% MC. The call lasted 9 minutes (including routing through the automated system).
  • Right after the call, I was able to login using the primary email address and I could see the 2% MC and the PP credit account. While the PP transaction history only shows activity from the 2% MC, when I navigate to the PP credit account section, I can see it's history (and statements) from inception and the scheduled payments ported without issue. 

Overall, I'm satisifed with the results. I hope this is helpful to anyone contemplating a consolidation. 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 16 of 20
bhill40
Valued Member

I Just applied last night and got approved for PPC and PPMC, both lines are under one login. Before i applied, i went to PP and created an account, i logged in and i see both TL! Hopes this help.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already had an existing PP 2% card and when I recently applied for the PP credit, once approved it showed up on my PayPal account same as the credit card. Didn't have to do any consolidating or merging seperat accounts.

@bhill40

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I already had an existing PP 2% card and when I recently applied for the PP credit, once approved it showed up on my PayPal account same as the credit card. Didn't have to do any consolidating or merging seperat accounts.

@bhill40

It sounds like the Comenity-to-Synchrony transition is in full swing.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably. Fingers crossed that it remains a hidden account.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.