Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit - What am I doing wrong?

tag
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

PayPal Credit - What am I doing wrong?

I can't seem to get my PayPal credit to pop up at places where paypal is accepted. 

I have the hidden line with 2,750 limit and tried to make a purchase online where paypal is accepted, but received a message saying "my preffered method cannot be used for this purchase." I only have my credit line linked to my account, so it is my preferred method.

I was definitely within my limit. Can anyone shed some light on this? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit - What am I doing wrong?

Does the email associcated with your PayPal account match the one for the site you sign on to?  Not sure what else to check other then contacting them.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Same thing happens to me everytime I try to use it grrr. I emailed them but haven't heard back yet.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 8
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

I was actually able to get it to work!

All of my info was right, but I had to link abother card to the account so that when I check out, I have an option between the paypal credit and my other actual CC. 

Message 4 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@LCC_mk14 wrote:

I was actually able to get it to work!

All of my info was right, but I had to link abother card to the account so that when I check out, I have an option between the paypal credit and my other actual CC. 

Glad you got it figured out!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Glad it worked for you, I tried that still no luck.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this problem before. I can’t remember which site it was on but I was trying to buy a new camera lens around $1,000. I called up the customer service # and they told me the accepted PayPal but not PayPal credit. He said it had to do with fraud problems or something of that sort. I still don’t believe the guy but maybe he was right?
Message 7 of 8
jgdev
Regular Contributor

So I haven't had a paypal credit account in a while, but I do know that if you had the paypal debit card you could setup the credit account as the backup funding source allowing you to use paypal credit anywhere mastercard was accepted. I have a paypal business account so not sure if you need a business account to get the debit card.

06/01/2022

12/07/17
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.