Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit deferred offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Credit deferred offers?

Okay so I am confused about this account. The terms and conditions say $99 and up get 6 months deferred interest but I keep seeing people saying they have 24 months. Is this some promo?

I called PayPal Cashback customer service today and asked about the 6, 12, and 18 months financing offers mentioned in the terms and I had to actually convince the rep that they were even there because she kept insisting I was talking about PayPal Credit so she tried to direct me to the PayPal site and was a bit embarrassed when she realized that the terms and conditions aren’t on the Cashback landing page and had me send her the link I got from Google. Then she went and asked her supervisor and the supervisor said that the verbiage is there but they never offer them so it might as well not be. Helpful. Smiley Frustrated

So yeah she suggested PayPal Credit and was even so kind to point out it was a Synchrony product as well (duh lol) but if it’s just 6 months deferred interest... I might as well use my Amazon Store Card’s 12 months for $599+ or 24 months for larger purchases directly from Amazon and save myself the HP. 

I get that it’s a hidden tradeline (although that appears to be an unknown how long it remains one) but if I can get a new card with a SUB and 0% interest for 6-15 months and additional cash back, wouldn’t that be the better option? 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit deferred offers?

The $99 , 6 month deal is Paypal Credit
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
The $99 , 6 month deal is Paypal Credit

I get that but why do I hear about people with 24 months? Like @Gmood1 I believe said he has 24 months?

Message 3 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, i get that too. Let me check my email real quick
Message 4 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oops, cant find it but i know the 24 month one is also on paypal credit.
Message 5 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Good1 and I have both mentioned the 24 month offers here before as we both get them regularly.  My last offer came across about 2 weeks ago.

24 months 0% APR with 24 monthly payments, $600 mininum spend on eBay.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes thats the one i get too @coldfusion
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Oops, cant find it but i know the 24 month one is also on paypal credit.

So is this like an ongoing offer, specific sites, occasional promo? I do get the appeal of hiding large purchases on a hidden tradeline so I’ll probably end up adding it at some point regardless but I have some large purchases coming up later this year and I’m trying to decide if I want to just buy everything on Amazon and use deferred for 12 months, go for PayPal Credit and split purchases between PayPal Credit and Amazon to get the best deals, or get a new credit card. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

Good1 and I have both mentioned the 24 month offers here before as we both get them regularly.  My last offer came across about 2 weeks ago.

24 months 0% APR with 24 monthly payments, $600 mininum spend on eBay.

Ahhh, eBay purchases. 

I tend to avoid eBay so I was afraid of that. Thanks! 

Message 9 of 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Totally depends on the seller. You'll find it offered on eBay quite often, depending on seller and price.

PayPal emailed me a couple of days ago to take advantage of the 24 offer again. I haven't made the first payment on the first purchase. Dang these people love seeing you in debt.😂😂
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.