Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit deferred offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Credit deferred offers?

@Gmood1 wrote:
Totally depends on the seller. You'll find it offered on eBay quite often, depending on seller and price.

PayPal emailed me a couple of days ago to take advantage of the 24 offer again. I haven't made the first payment on the first purchase. Dang these people love seeing you in debt.😂😂

Well of course they do — they want you to screw up and get charged all that juicy back interest 😂 

Interesting that it’s offered on eBay purchases only. eBay is almost always more expensive and more hassle than other options for new products so I tend to stay away. 

Message 11 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Totally depends on the seller. You'll find it offered on eBay quite often, depending on seller and price.

PayPal emailed me a couple of days ago to take advantage of the 24 offer again. I haven't made the first payment on the first purchase. Dang these people love seeing you in debt.😂😂

You mention your offers being dependent on the seller - do you get offers that only have a few category restrictions like eBay motors, Real Estate, and the Adult section?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@coldfusion Lol, I've been doing a lot of audio/visual electronics hunting. I noticed some online retailers only offer 6 months 0%

@Anonymous
Actually the TV I bought on eBay was a $1000 less than what it cost to buy from Best Buy, factoring in taxes.

Message 13 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I've received similar periodic offers on the 24-month promo for eBay purchases with the qualifying purchase amount.

Honestly, depending on the seller like @Gmood1 mentioned above (not all purchases qualify, but I've found some good deals), it hasn't been really that restrictive IME on the eBay purchase category.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Lol, I've been researching a lot of audio/visual electronics hunting. I noticed some online retailers only offer 6 months 0% .

@Anonymous
Actually the TV I bought on eBay was a $1000 less than what it cost to buy from Best Buy, factoring in taxes.

Yes you can find great deals on electronics but varying degrees of warranty exceptions involved in doing so. Like Sony, the only manufacturer I will buy a TV from because I can’t stand the motion handling on any other brand, does not honor warranties if you purchase from a seller that isn’t an authorized Sony dealer and doesn’t additionally provide you with a bill of sale separate from the eBay transaction so a lot of people who buy on eBay have a rude awakening when trying to deal with support. 

Also for such a big ticket item, I don’t want to risk there being problems and having to go through return hassles so I usually go through Amazon. I bought from B&H last time but they refuse to collect taxes from CO customers which means I have to file use taxes with the state. 

I may order some of my parts for my computer build on eBay though if Newegg ends up offering some of their eBay specials on Zen 2 and Navi later this year. 

Message 15 of 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I hear ya on that Saeren. I was apprehensive about buying such an expensive item off there as well. After doing the research and with tons of feedback on the seller. I took the plunge.
I'm a big LG OLED TV fan! Great motion and contrast that's untouched by any TV manufacturer presently. It was worth every penny.
I have manufacturer warranty along with a 2 year square trade warranty for $75.
The TV when not on sale would have cost me over $3000. I paid just under $1800.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
I hear ya on that Saeren. I was apprehensive about buying such an expensive item off there as well. After doing the research and with tons of feedback on the seller. I took the plunge.
I'm a big LG OLED TV fan! Great motion and contrast that's untouched by any TV manufacturer presently. It was worth every penny.
I have manufacturer warranty along with a 2 year square trade warranty for $75.
The TV when not on sale would have cost me over $3000. I paid just under $1800.

I wish that I could go OLED but unfortunately I am one of those people that is very sensitive to stutter caused by frames being held and since OLEDs have near-instant response time, all I see is stutter while watching lower frame rate content like movies. Even my midrange X900F VA LCD panel has too much stutter for my liking. I’ve had a fast response time panel since my X900E replaced my W802A in 2017 (told you I’m big on Sony lol) and my eyes still see the stutter effect in 24FPS TV and movies and in console video games running at 30FPS. 

I almost picked up a B7A but I have a XS Max and I can even see the stutter on such a small screen. It was a killer deal for $900 with a 2 year warranty (factory refurb) too so I was really bummed about it but since I use my TV literally all day and have a tendency to fall asleep watching Hulu which puts up a static screen asking if I’m still watching and other static elements, OLED is not really a good fit for me anyway. I’ll wait for microLED and stick with VA panels for now. 

Its cool that LG will honor warranty on a TV bought on eBay though. Microsoft almost rejected my warranty registration for my Xbox One X until I got the seller to send me a bill of sale instead of the eBay receipt so I bought my Switch because I had one of those 10% off coupons and I haven’t used eBay again otherwise. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.