Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit up and running

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony

@Credit_hawk wrote:
I’m not doubting people who say it will report and I have no care either way. But I’ve yet to see someone produce a legitimate source for this information. It just appears to be based on assumption and anecdotal information from people calling in to representatives who are notoriously ill informed. Now I’m seeing people say September or October but only if you were originally a product of Bill Me Later. It’s said so matter of factly and confidently that I’m curious where this information comes from? I’m probably out of the loop.

The whole thing was sparked by people getting letters suggesting that the accounts would start reporting and that turned into phone calls and emails with EO and every instance was a confirmation that reporting will happen, the only thing that isn't clear is when and whether it will retain the opening date with Comenity or just when Sync took over. Since new accounts have already been reporting, it's not a matter of if but when the old ones report. 

Message 61 of 142
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I am just going to assume it reports anyday now. Not going to hurt my utilization. Just another new account that should stop hurting in October.  That March app spree was a thrill, the hangover, not so much.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 62 of 142
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal credit up and running

@FinStar wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:
Apologies to all as I just realized how stupidly late I am to the party Smiley Sad

No apologies needed @JR_TX.   Your post bumped up the discussion so others could see it as well Smiley Happy

@FinStar Thanks!

Yeah quite embarrassing when I created a thread not knowing that @Jnbmom (tips my hat to her) beat me to it by a thousand laps with a thread buried page/s down! Lol 

Merging my thread just saved me from further embarrassment. Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 63 of 142
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:
I’m not doubting people who say it will report and I have no care either way. But I’ve yet to see someone produce a legitimate source for this information. It just appears to be based on assumption and anecdotal information from people calling in to representatives who are notoriously ill informed. Now I’m seeing people say September or October but only if you were originally a product of Bill Me Later. It’s said so matter of factly and confidently that I’m curious where this information comes from? I’m probably out of the loop.

The whole thing was sparked by people getting letters suggesting that the accounts would start reporting and that turned into phone calls and emails with EO and every instance was a confirmation that reporting will happen, the only thing that isn't clear is when and whether it will retain the opening date with Comenity or just when Sync took over. Since new accounts have already been reporting, it's not a matter of if but when the old ones report. 

from what i have been told, it will report as a new account, from the date Synch took over. and will Report in Sept. / Oct.

this does not come from front line CSR's.

Message 64 of 142
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

I feel bad if they do report and the folks who closed their accounts still get dinged. It’s all on faith they won’t list the account just because they closed it.

It also strikes me as potentially illegal for a bank to re-age your account just because they are the current servicing bank. I find this extremely hard to believe.
FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 65 of 142
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@JR_TX wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:
Apologies to all as I just realized how stupidly late I am to the party Smiley Sad

No apologies needed @JR_TX.   Your post bumped up the discussion so others could see it as well Smiley Happy

@FinStar Thanks!

Yeah quite embarrassing when I created a thread not knowing that @Jnbmom (tips my hat to her) beat me to it by a thousand laps with a thread buried page/s down! Lol 

Merging my thread just saved me from further embarrassment. Smiley Happy

@JR_TX  Don't be embarrassed this thread needs a bump to keep it current we are all waiting to see how this turns out.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 66 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heads up that when PPC starts reporting, Synch seems to report every few days. I am new to this forum by a few wks and before I did my research, I got the PPC last mth June 19 (had gotten emails telling me to apply). I made a purchase a few hrs after apping. The HP and the account with the purchase showed up on EX the next day. I thought I had time but no. Then I bought one more thing a week ago and today it showed up on EX again messing with my UTI. I haven’t even received a bill yet when it showed up on EX. I just got a note that my first payment will be due 7/27. Just warning ppl if you are using PPC for big purchases, know that Each charge will show up within a few days on EX.
Message 67 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:
I feel bad if they do report and the folks who closed their accounts still get dinged. It’s all on faith they won’t list the account just because they closed it.

It also strikes me as potentially illegal for a bank to re-age your account just because they are the current servicing bank. I find this extremely hard to believe.

Synchrony isn't obligated to report information from before they serviced the account. Since it's the first time it's being reported, they only have to include their data. 

Message 68 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Heads up that when PPC starts reporting, Synch seems to report every few days. I am new to this forum by a few wks and before I did my research, I got the PPC last mth June 19 (had gotten emails telling me to apply). I made a purchase a few hrs after apping. The HP and the account with the purchase showed up on EX the next day. I thought I had time but no. Then I bought one more thing a week ago and today it showed up on EX again messing with my UTI. I haven’t even received a bill yet when it showed up on EX. I just got a note that my first payment will be due 7/27. Just warning ppl if you are using PPC for big purchases, know that Each charge will show up within a few days on EX.

When you first open a Sync account, they can report multiple times in a month. This happened with my Amazon Store Card too. It didn't happen after my first statement though and my third card I just opened, Sync didn't even report the balance I charged on it right away like they did on my Amazon and PayPal cards. 

Message 69 of 142
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My only question is, why hasnt anyone caught it?Smiley Wink
Message 70 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.