Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit up and running

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony

Was just told a few minutes ago via pay pal chat that my account was reported as of 6/13/2019 (statement generation date) with an opening  date of 2/6/2007 but should that have showed up on my files by now??  

Message 71 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

@babbles wrote:

Was just told a few minutes ago via pay pal chat that my account was reported as of 6/13/2019 (statement generation date) with an opening  date of 2/6/2007 but should that have showed up on my files by now??  

Yes, it would have shown up the next day on Experian if so. 

Message 72 of 142
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:
I feel bad if they do report and the folks who closed their accounts still get dinged. It’s all on faith they won’t list the account just because they closed it.

It also strikes me as potentially illegal for a bank to re-age your account just because they are the current servicing bank. I find this extremely hard to believe.

Synchrony isn't obligated to report information from before they serviced the account. Since it's the first time it's being reported, they only have to include their data. 

+1

Message 73 of 142
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paypal credit up and running

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
My only question is, why hasnt anyone caught it?Smiley Wink

Silly Joe, Trix are for KidsSmiley Very Happy

Message 74 of 142
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PayPal Credit (BML) Love Button Now Live!

So just called now and decided to close it..  Really kinda pointless since it won't be hidden anymore and 8k limit with a 26.99 when not on promo blows chunks as well. I just really saw no point in the account anymore.  Now whether they report or not now that i closed it, who knows although hopefully it they do they will show the "true' opening date.  I just couldn't justify it as could use that 8k sync towards other sync cards and i have so many dang cards already with 0% promos of some sort going on and probably always will do to my credit seeking behavior Smiley Happy

Message 75 of 142
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

So just called now and decided to close it..  Really kinda pointless since it won't be hidden anymore and 8k limit with a 26.99 when not on promo blows chunks as well. I just really saw no point in the account anymore.  Now whether they report or not now that i closed it, who knows although hopefully it they do they will show the "true' opening date.  I just couldn't justify it as could use that 8k sync towards other sync cards and i have so many dang cards already with 0% promos of some sort going on and probably always will do to my credit seeking behavior Smiley Happy

CC,

i'd say if you have no use, close it. however I'm guessing how Synch works, since you closed it after the takeover,

they will Report it. (Just a Guess, No Facts) I am only keeping Mine open as Util% padding for total Accounts.

as I have a fairly Large PayPal (BML) CL.

don't feel bad, I was forced to The Garden Because of "Credit Seeking Behavior"Smiley LOLSmiley FrustratedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley Sad

Synch can be an odd duck at timesSmiley Frustrated

Message 76 of 142
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

CC,

i'd say if you have no use, close it. however I'm guessing how Synch works, since you closed it after the takeover,

they will Report it. (Just a Guess, No Facts) I am only keeping Mine open as Util% padding for total Accounts.

as I have a fairly Large PayPal (BML) CL.

don't feel bad, I was forced to The Garden Because of "Credit Seeking Behavior"Smiley LOLSmiley FrustratedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley Sad

Synch can be an odd duck at timesSmiley Frustrated

Understood if it reports it reports, just hopefully accurately being date opened by comenity is all I hope.  Certainly don't need it for util padding as have in personal credit (450k+) on about 3k balance lol.  That doesn't include business credit either so ya kinda a pointless account for me as at any given time I cant think of how many cards I have with some 0% promo going on as always applying for new cards / challenge cards to push the limit although 450k+ in personal credit for myself I just find kinda silly to have that much as at one point on MF i never wanted to cross the 100k threshold and look where i am now easily over 500k with business credit included, probably closer to 550k.  How quickly it all adds up Smiley Happy..  As I seek a new Experian puller as I write this email, looking for a diamond in the rough that gives out a 15k+ cl lol

Message 77 of 142
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

This** Good job CC. Honestly, and lets face it , im their prime target of one who has to carry balances  per circumstances ( though i wont play that particular game with Sync and those aprsSmiley Wink ) im just struggling to see the point of this line if you already have a PP Mastercard. Id rather earn my 2% cb . Being hidden was great but like CC said, having a big limit here only eats into your overall Sync exposure. Im prepared for it to report but once i get my debt down more, will see no problem closing it. 

Message 78 of 142
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

As I seek a new Experian puller as I write this email, looking for a diamond in the rough that gives out a 15k+ cl lol

Not to get the thread too far off topic,

too bad Langley Federal Credit Union, usually pulls EQ.

Message 79 of 142
babbles
Established Contributor

well solved the reporting issue, paid the account in full!  no credit card debt but large limts!

Message 80 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.