cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit up and running

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Credit (BML) Love Button Now Live!

@babbles wrote:

can you use paypal without an open account?  I'm thinking of closing mine altogether!

Regular PayPal payments can be made without an account with a number of caveats, one of them being that without a PayPal account some merchants won't accept payment because you don't have a verified address. 

Any PayPal credit accounts, whether they're cards or credit lines, will be closed if you close your PayPal account. 

Message 121 of 142
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

You guys! they finally gave me an increase! From 2250 - 3000. Fun fact, they pulled Equifax (I know that from a denial letter). Strange, cause Synch usually pulls TU, but Comenity pulls EQ (for me, at least). 

Message 122 of 142
babbles
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I guess I will keep mine open for now.

Message 123 of 142
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

CreditJourney, how long have you had PayPal Credit? I’m surprised it wasn’t more. Congrats on your increase. Anything is good.

I only tried once for a CLI, when the button first showed up. I got an increase from the original $5k limit to $10k (that’s all I asked for).
FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 124 of 142
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

@credit_hawk

I got it in March, I believe. I only asked for $3000. I went back in and asked for more, but no go. I will wait until I get the letter, but I'm thinking it's because they had just approved the first increase and I'll probably have to wait a few months. That's fine though - my balance is $1500 and I'm trying to pay it off before January, so the higher CL helps pad util when it starts reporting. 

Message 125 of 142
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What do you mean they Pulled Eq? You got a hp for a $500 increase?
Message 126 of 142
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah the EQ pull is out of character for SYNCB, but stranger things can happen I suppose.

IIRC, @Jnbmom recently had a CLI on this very same product but maybe she can confirm if her [SP] was with TU?
Message 127 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a CLI the first day it was available from the switch over and didn’t receive a HP and was approved.
Message 128 of 142
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I got an increase the night it changed over (their website), I can confirm at least for me it was a SP with TU.

Very surprised at HPing EQ?
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 129 of 142
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, not a HP. The denial letter was based on my EQ credit score when I tried last month but it was a SP. 

Message 130 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.