Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Digital Credit

tag
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

PayPal Digital Credit

What benefit does PP Digital Credit have compared to PP MC? I would think that their MC would allow consumers a much higher and broader spending power. A friend of mine applied for the wrong PP credit account. I know the MC is serviced by Synchrony. Not sure about the digital credit product.

>> Ugh! Wrong thread. Mid please move. <<

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: PayPal Digital Credit

It's just a payment option on PP, which can only be used with PP. You won't have a number you can use like MC/Visa on other sites.

It also offers special financing for purchases over $99.

Message 2 of 12
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

But the digital credit limits tend to be lower than the MC correct?

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SOGGIE wrote:

It really depends.  If you look in the Approvals forum, there can be PayPal Credit approvals >$1,000 in a variety of cases and PayPal MC (insert MC flavor here) that may be approved as low as $250.  It boils down to individual profile. 

Both products are serviced by SYNCB (PayPal Credit was acquired from Comenity Capital a while back). 

Message 4 of 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

The line of credit will be profile specific. Getting PP Extras or PP 2% doesn't guarantee higher limit.

Message 5 of 12
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Is PP Digital Credit reported as a revolving credit account?
Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

Yes

Imo, its the worse tradeline i have. Absolutely useless. Everytime i try to use it for a purchase, especially on ebay or say buy pizza, mysteriously there is some kind of system failure and it asks me to try again. I put PPMC as payment method and bam , instant acceptance. Its annoying that it seems somehow people dont want to be paid with PPC so why advertise it as an option. Im just going to let it die on its own. Btw, i have $10k limit so its definetely possible to get a higher limit with Sync. 

Message 7 of 12
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Yes

Imo, its the worse tradeline i have. Absolutely useless. Everytime i try to use it for a purchase, especially on ebay or say buy pizza, mysteriously there is some kind of system failure and it asks me to try again. I put PPMC as payment method and bam , instant acceptance. Its annoying that it seems somehow people dont want to be paid with PPC so why advertise it as an option. Im just going to let it die on its own. Btw, i have $10k limit so its definetely possible to get a higher limit with Sync. 

Thanks for that info! Much appreciated.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have 10k plus limit on my PPC (business account) but I disagree with @AverageJoesCreditI think its a solid trendline. The 0% 6 mo special financing is always available, none of my other cards have this, and until recently this used to be a hidden trendline with no impact to UTIL. 

Message 9 of 12
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have 10k plus limit on my PPC (business account) but I disagree with @AverageJoesCreditI think its a solid trendline. The 0% 6 mo special financing is always available, none of my other cards have this, and until recently this used to be a hidden trendline with no impact to UTIL. 

Agree with @Anonymous. I've never had issues with any retailer that accepts PayPal for payment processing but I've never tried to use it for amounts under $100 or for food purchases. As soon as I log into PP, the PPC option is available.

PPMC will be an better option than PPC for in-store purchases or websites that do no allow payments to be processed via Paypal. It's a good 2% MC with no minimum redemption.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.