Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Extras MC - Question

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

PayPal Extras MC - Question

For those that have one, have you notice that the custom design card is poorly printed?

How can I get my original PayPal Extras MC design back? I call and requested and they sent my my custom design...

I still have the original card, but it will expire in 3 months.

Thanks.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PayPal Extras MC - Question

@armbenderc wrote:

For those that have one, have you notice that the custom design card is poorly printed?

How can I get my original PayPal Extras MC design back? I call and requested and they sent my my custom design...

Thanks.

Not only is it poorly printed (from what I've seen on other folks' cards), it's off-centered or the MC logo is unbalanced to the rest of the custom design.  The eBay MC has that similar feature as well.   I have both eBay MC and PayPal Extras MC but I never changed the original card's design but I assume you can go back to the default one.

So, when you navigate on your PayPal profile and you click on the PayPal Extras MC "View Card Details" then under the section Manage my credit account click "Personalize Card", what options does it provide as far as design choices?

Message 2 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

That's funny...I never noticed. Smiley Frustrated

And, now that you did, doesn't it look off/weird?  Or, maybe your looks great because the background is not too noticeable or the "fabulous" embossing machine knew that it was your card Smiley Very Happy   It's like a larger MC shape around the MC contour.  Now, I have seen some cards that have pictures badly aligned. 

Message 4 of 16
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Thanks.

Not only is it poorly printed (from what I've seen on other folks' cards), it's off-centered or the MC logo is unbalanced to the rest of the custom design.  The eBay MC has that similar feature as well.   I have both eBay MC and PayPal Extras MC but I never changed the original card's design but I assume you can go back to the default one.

So, when you navigate on your PayPal profile and you click on the PayPal Extras MC "View Card Details" then under the section Manage my credit account click "Personalize Card", what options does it provide as far as design choices?

Just the images that they provided, and the upload option. Nothing like wells fargo where you can get the original back.

I will try to call them again after the holiday and see what happen.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 5 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

For those of us who are OCD, well you know we just can't have that!  LOL

Message 6 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@armbenderc wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Thanks.

Just the images that they provided, and the upload option. Nothing like wells fargo where you can get the original back.

I will try to call them again after the holiday and see what happen.

Oh bummer.  Sorry about that, I guess since I never changed any of mine so I assumed there would be a method to revert to the default design.  Let us know the outcome so in the event someone has a similar issue, we at least know the steps.

Message 7 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

That's funny...I never noticed. Smiley Frustrated

And, now that you did, doesn't it look off/weird?  Or, maybe your looks great because the background is not too noticeable or the "fabulous" embossing machine knew that it was your card Smiley Very Happy   It's like a larger MC shape around the MC contour.  Now, I have seen some cards that have pictures badly aligned. 

It's the MC logo that's off.  

Message 8 of 16
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I had to sign in just to comment on this.

I've been trying to get the original design pretty much since I got the first custom card over a year ago. They have sent me about 10 cards and it's always the custom image again. I was eventually able to escalate to a higher up and I was told that because My original card design was a custom design that there was no way I could get the normal one aside from closing and reapplying. The system apparantly doesn't know the other design exists. I don't know if he just wanted me off the phone or if it's true, but I tried everything. I even at one point had to report the card stolen and got a new account number and it's still the custom image.

The only thing that I have not tried is to request an AU that just happens to have the same name as me. You can't do it online, but if you get the right csr it might be possible. I know that my actual AU has the normal design.

Message 9 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

I had to sign in just to comment on this.

I've been trying to get the original design pretty much since I got the first custom card over a year ago. They have sent me about 10 cards and it's always the custom image again. I was eventually able to escalate to a higher up and I was told that because My original card design was a custom design that there was no way I could get the normal one aside from closing and reapplying. The system apparantly doesn't know the other design exists. I don't know if he just wanted me off the phone or if it's true, but I tried everything. I even at one point had to report the card stolen and got a new account number and it's still the custom image.

The only thing that I have not tried is to request an AU that just happens to have the same name as me. You can't do it online, but if you get the right csr it might be possible. I know that my actual AU has the normal design.

What...and this is not a joke !! ??

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.