PayPal In Store Card?

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Re: PayPal In Store Card?

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ummm, can we back up and get a few simple response answers... Im so confused with half the posts!

1.  You ordered a PayPal Debit Card (MasterCard Logo) and it's linked to either your PayPal Balance or Smart Connect Credit Line?

2.  Bill Me Later can be used many many places and if you have it will also be available on your PayPal log in.

3.  PayPal MasterCard is also available through GE Bank and is a credit card that will be linked to your paypal account but can be used everywhere MasterCard is accepted.

You have any of these?

What is the quesitons?

Thank you.

No to 1 and 3. I am pretty sure this card doesn't have a credit card logo at all.

I have a BML account, which is has no card or anything, I just use it to pay online with different merchants.

A few days ago I was placing an order and used BML and it said "order your in store card". I said yes, and from what I understand, its a card you can swipe and it links to your paypal account and allows you to use that as a form of payment at in person merchants. I am trying to find out what parts of my paypal account it links to for payment- only a checking account, or credit cards, or my BML?

Based off everyone's posts, it appears Paypal has multiple products that do the same thing... weird....

Here is the link to the info page, but it seems very brief...

https://www.paypal-promo.com/anywhere/desktop/

hmm... I clicked it and said sorry not currently set up for business accounts Smiley Sad

im interested in this though, so ill check later when i can get my partner to sign in to his!

Google paypal in store card... it should pull up info... I'm not sure how or when my paypal got linked to a business account, especially when I have no business lol

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 11 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ummm, can we back up and get a few simple response answers... Im so confused with half the posts!

1.  You ordered a PayPal Debit Card (MasterCard Logo) and it's linked to either your PayPal Balance or Smart Connect Credit Line?

2.  Bill Me Later can be used many many places and if you have it will also be available on your PayPal log in.

3.  PayPal MasterCard is also available through GE Bank and is a credit card that will be linked to your paypal account but can be used everywhere MasterCard is accepted.

You have any of these?

What is the quesitons?

Thank you.

No to 1 and 3. I am pretty sure this card doesn't have a credit card logo at all.

I have a BML account, which is has no card or anything, I just use it to pay online with different merchants.

A few days ago I was placing an order and used BML and it said "order your in store card". I said yes, and from what I understand, its a card you can swipe and it links to your paypal account and allows you to use that as a form of payment at in person merchants. I am trying to find out what parts of my paypal account it links to for payment- only a checking account, or credit cards, or my BML?

Based off everyone's posts, it appears Paypal has multiple products that do the same thing... weird....

Here is the link to the info page, but it seems very brief...

https://www.paypal-promo.com/anywhere/desktop/

hmm... I clicked it and said sorry not currently set up for business accounts Smiley Sad

im interested in this though, so ill check later when i can get my partner to sign in to his!

Google paypal in store card... it should pull up info... I'm not sure how or when my paypal got linked to a business account, especially when I have no business lol

No, I HAVE a Business account and when I clicked your link it says it is not a feature i can add to my account because I have business....

Message 12 of 14
chan85
Established Contributor

Ooooooh ok gotcha!

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 13 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

You have BML, which is a hidden line of credit that does not report. It is similar to paypal smart connect, but is a different product, underwritten by a different lender. 

To find out where your BML can be used, I believe it is accepted anywhere paypal is accepted (and even other places)

If you have the paypal app on your smartphone, it will show you everywhere near you that accepts paypal as a payment option. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.