@kilroy8 wrote:

images (35).jpg

Me too, @kilroy8. Bang-Head_zpsc10wcxkz.gif

Message 21 of 90
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

Re: PayPal Key being discontinued

😖😖

I was hoping to see a physical card for PPK oneday! 

Message 22 of 90
NRB525
Super Contributor

Sad. 
I need to keep an eye out on some of the websites where I added PPK as a payment method for the magical Q4 categories.  Delete the "closed account" card number there. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 23 of 90
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

PPK was making life much easier here, especially to pay bills and monthly payments. Before each bill payment, I was simply changing the linked card to PPK to use the best card. It gets missed heavily Smiley Sad

Citi also provides virtual card for credit card holders. Is it credit or debit?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 24 of 90
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Womp, womp, sad trombones. Almost $30k of annual spend for points/miles/cashback generation by paying rent just evaporated for me (or to be proper, went from a flat fee of $10/month to 3% of the rent bill, basically nerfing it for anything other than a juicy SUB that's well over 3% return).

Well, I will say it was nice for the PayPal quarter on Disco and for getting a few hundred in SUB, mile and cashback value for well over a year, so I see why PayPal wasn't too keen on this; they were on the wrong end of the credit card/debit card transaction fees.

| Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi Custom Cash 11.9k | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 25 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

So now I will actually have to calculate how to pay my FiOS bill!  PPK attached to MaxCash was ideal.

ETA:  OK, going with the very unexciting Paypal Business Debit, which may or may not pay 1% on the transaction.   My FiOS bill is small enough that the autopay discount is more than the 5% on MaxCash (so it doesn't matter whether I get the 1% or not).   For those with large wireless bills it might be different (although auto pay is per line), this may push more to consider the Verizon card.

If your autopay discount wasn't more than 5%, you could use PayPal Bill Pay with your MaxCash as the funding source!  PayPal Bill Pay is different than PPK but should still give 5% as long as the payee is available.

https://www.paypal.com/us/digital-wallet/manage-money/pay-bills

Message 26 of 90
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

So now I will actually have to calculate how to pay my FiOS bill!  PPK attached to MaxCash was ideal.

ETA:  OK, going with the very unexciting Paypal Business Debit, which may or may not pay 1% on the transaction.   My FiOS bill is small enough that the autopay discount is more than the 5% on MaxCash (so it doesn't matter whether I get the 1% or not).   For those with large wireless bills it might be different (although auto pay is per line), this may push more to consider the Verizon card.

If your autopay discount wasn't more than 5%, you could use PayPal Bill Pay with your MaxCash as the funding source!  PayPal Bill Pay is different than PPK but should still give 5% as long as the payee is available.

https://www.paypal.com/us/digital-wallet/manage-money/pay-bills

Are uou saying that, if I use Paypal bill pay to pay my Verizon monthly bill using MCP, then I'll get 5% CB?

Message 27 of 90
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

@arunkumarmm wrote:

Are uou saying that, if I use Paypal bill pay to pay my Verizon monthly bill using MCP, then I'll get 5% CB?

well, I guess this would not give me the autopay discount 

Message 28 of 90
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Possibly no, but you may use a debit card that gives cashback on bill payments to get both autopay discount and ~1% (e.g. Discover debit card).

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 29 of 90
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@arunkumarmm wrote:

@arunkumarmm wrote:

well, I guess this would not give me the autopay discount 

Right, and no different, AFAIK, than just directly using the credit card, getting 5% and no discount.

Message 30 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.