tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: PayPal Key being discontinued

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Just a reminder for anyone who still has PPK. It will be discontinued tomorrow (4/20).

I do not need this negativity in my life 😐

Breadstik? 😂

Breadstick.jpg

This level of sadness begs for baguette!  Smiley Sad

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

R.I.P. Paypal Key... we hardly knew ye. rip.gif

Message 71 of 90
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Just a reminder for anyone who still has PPK. It will be discontinued tomorrow (4/20).

I do not need this negativity in my life 😐

Breadstik? 😂

Breadstick.jpg

This level of sadness begs for baguette!  Smiley Sad

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

R.I.P. Paypal Key... we hardly knew ye. rip.gif

Well, I was at least able to use it during 4Q21 on CFF 😂 ...even though I was unable to get it until Nov. I will miss PPK!

Message 72 of 90
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Well, if I'm being truthful I'd have to say I actually got to know 'the Key' quite well... 4Q21 I maxed-out the $1500 on two Freedom cards, and 1Q22 I was able to max-out the Grocery quarter with Discover using it (with PPK, Disco 'counted' Walmart Pay as grocery).

Some of that Freedom usage will still be captured via PP billpay, but since that codes as 'utilities' it'll be on the Cash+ anyway so Freedom(s) will miss out.  The biggest 'loss' for me will be the PPK/WMP combo for 5% back at Walmart.  I have the Venmo Visa to fill the WM void, but it's not quite as good (3% instead of 5%).

I guess if nothing else came out of the exercise at least now I'm not too concerned with Paypal getting squirrelly with my account use.  They never flinched at what I threw at them and I'm not likely to reach that activity level again any time soon.

Message 73 of 90
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Last rent payment with PPK, just waiting for them to turn it off. Smiley Sad

Pass the 🥖.

(Plays taps mournfully.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.

| Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi Custom Cash 11.9k | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 74 of 90
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Sigh. I call dibs on locking this thread 

I just don't know which time zone to use to lock it, the only one that matters or the other obscure ones 

Message 75 of 90
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

I just don't know which time zone to use to lock it, the only one that matters or the other obscure ones 

Well, for those of us on the East Coast, the PPK clock is ticking for another ~20 mins. So, midnight EST?  Yes, the one that matters 😂

Y'all on PST have 3 extra hours to splurge on PPK!

Message 76 of 90
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Might as well keep this one open until the deed is completely done (whatever the timezone), otherwise there'll be posts elsewhere when it actually does go away.  At least this way it's all together.

I promise to keep my bellyaching to a minimum outside of this thread. Smiley Embarassed

Message 77 of 90
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Well, for those of us on the East Coast, the PPK clock is ticking for another ~20 mins. So, midnight EST?  Yes, the one that matters 😂

Denied! 

Message 78 of 90
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

Might as well keep this one open until the deed is completely done (whatever the timezone), otherwise there'll be posts elsewhere when it actually does go away.  At least this way it's all together.

I promise to keep my bellyaching to a minimum outside of this thread. Smiley Embarassed

I'll think about it 

Message 79 of 90
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Denied! 

Oh Snap.gif

Ohhhh, you're about to feel da powah of da breadstik!

How come UncleB is approved and my request is denied. I want answers lol

Message 80 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.