cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC CLI Yesterday, Today Account Closed???

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: PayPal MC CLI Yesterday, Today Account Closed???

Wow. First up it's very thoughtful of you to share on that abrupt closure across all your sync cards so soon. I would probably steam for days before throwing that out in a post being such a downer. Like another reply above i was 'almost' on the verge of entertaining an idea only for that sync card but that's way off the table now and i seriously doubt any try at all for the foreseeable future.

It's a blow to take it on the chin so severe when you been practicing reasonable management.

And with the Holiday shop season coming up soon.

Message 11 of 33
Goos
Regular Contributor

Re: Synchrony Closures Starting Again?

@Anonymous wrote:

Well aware of the past Synchrony Closuregeddon and was wondering if they usually do these in waves or is it a one-off situation? With the Holidays upon us and Economy acting squiddish I think we may start to see a resurgence in CLDs once again. Massive CLI's recently with PPMC may have caught some attention I feel.

The economy is not slowing at all , not sure what you mean . The shortages are due to demand being so huge and bottlenecks as a mass amount of goods are being shipped in . If anything I would think they may loosen up . Unemployment is at 4.7% . Most anyone has a job and Americans are not slowing their spending or demand for credit to do it . 

Message 12 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Synch may very well be looking at accounts differently now and be unwilling to commit additional capital to accounts that are rarely used. If you are granted the CLI they have to increase their investment into your account as well by increasing loan loss reserves. This bank isnt a Chase or BoA with offices all around to take in lots of deposits they are in fact a small operator in todays world and likely lack the resources to fund more and more loan loss reserves for someone who rarely uses their cards with the limit they have already been assigned. Im sorry this happened to you.

For disclosure I have closed all my accounts with Synch and only retained the Lowes, I have not asked for an increase on it in years and never will.

Message 13 of 33
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Synch is just doing Synch things... Honestly, they're the most hair trigger lender when it comes to AR. Sometimes it makes sense, other times like in your case, there appears no rhyme or reason for it. 

Sorry about your closures, but you can do better with other lenders that will appreciate your spend while being much more dependable. 

Message 14 of 33
lgtwriter
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I am keeping my synch cards to the three that I currently have (Verizon Visa, B&H Photo financing card, and Pay Pal financing) I use all three lines, and I ask for credit limit increases at most every 4-6 months (usually once a year).

I don't keep super high balances on the cards, but I do rotate leaving a bit on each of the cards for a month so that they get a little bit of interest (except when I am using a 0% financing offer). 

If I had to guess, I think that Synchrony is trying to get rid of some of the cards people have for padding, but that is just a guess.

Message 15 of 33
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

@Goos wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well aware of the past Synchrony Closuregeddon and was wondering if they usually do these in waves or is it a one-off situation? With the Holidays upon us and Economy acting squiddish I think we may start to see a resurgence in CLDs once again. Massive CLI's recently with PPMC may have caught some attention I feel.

The economy is not slowing at all , not sure what you mean . The shortages are due to demand being so huge and bottlenecks as a mass amount of goods are being shipped in . If anything I would think they may loosen up . Unemployment is at 4.7% . Most anyone has a job and Americans are not slowing their spending or demand for credit to do it . 

That's not true at all.  The unemployment rate is smoke and mirrors and doesn't take into account the number of people that have left the work force and are not currently looking for employment.  The press always uses the U-4 number for unemployment because it's always the optomistic number, you need to look at the U-6 number which is:  Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force.  And that number is 8.1% and that still doesn't take into account the people not looking for work.  And there are currently more than 10 million open and unfilled jobs in the United States.  Every single place is hiring, people just don't want to work.

I work in manufacturing, the bottleneck isn't demand, it's the fact that there aren't enough employees to be working to supply the current demand.  And because of this and the fact that inflation is the highest it's been in 20 or more years, pricies are skyrocketing.  The grocery stores don't have empty shelves because for some reason everyone wants milk right now, it's because the supply chain is hobbled by the lack of people in the workforce.  There are times my shipments of raw materials are delayed because either the steel mills are behind or there are no truck drivers, national or local, or the local distribution house has no employees to fill current orders and get them shipped out to customers.  Things I used to get in 1 to 3 days now take 1 to 3 weeks to get, if not longer.  Some aluminum product I buy is out of stock until 2022.  This is not because of some phantom huge demand in the economy.  It's because people don't want to work.  The fastest growing sub on Reddit is the Antiwork sub.  That's what's wrong with the supply chain in this country.  It's not because we have low unemployment or some increased demand for goods.

BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 16 of 33
Goos
Regular Contributor

@MileHigh96 wrote:

@Goos wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's not true at all.  The unemployment rate is smoke and mirrors and doesn't take into account the number of people that have left the work force and are not currently looking for employment.  The press always uses the U-4 number for unemployment because it's always the optomistic number, you need to look at the U-6 number which is:  Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force.  And that number is 8.1% and that still doesn't take into account the people not looking for work.  And there are currently more than 10 million open and unfilled jobs in the United States.  Every single place is hiring, people just don't want to work.

I work in manufacturing, the bottleneck isn't demand, it's the fact that there aren't enough employees to be working to supply the current demand.  And because of this and the fact that inflation is the highest it's been in 20 or more years, pricies are skyrocketing.  The grocery stores don't have empty shelves because for some reason everyone wants milk right now, it's because the supply chain is hobbled by the lack of people in the workforce.  There are times my shipments of raw materials are delayed because either the steel mills are behind or there are no truck drivers, national or local, or the local distribution house has no employees to fill current orders and get them shipped out to customers.  Things I used to get in 1 to 3 days now take 1 to 3 weeks to get, if not longer.  Some aluminum product I buy is out of stock until 2022.  This is not because of some phantom huge demand in the economy.  It's because people don't want to work.  The fastest growing sub on Reddit is the Antiwork sub.  That's what's wrong with the supply chain in this country.  It's not because we have low unemployment or some increased demand for goods.

It would be off topic to continue this debate but much of what you said opinion and factually incorrect.  If you look up import numbers and port intake rates and warehousing rates you would understand that . We also do not manufacture in this country we assemble and the parts for that are stuck in the ports.  It's the same unemployment numbers used under trump that no one had an issue with then . Most people who want to work are working . The problem is many things are paying more and people are being more selective of which jobs they are taking as they have so many choices.  Again the economy is booming , companies are printing money and demand is super charged . But again all this off topic.  It was a question about mass closures and my opinion based on evidence out there is I think they will be loosing up because the demand and ability is all there.  They may be dropping credit hoarders but if there is credit users I'm assuming they are going to try to continue to make money . 

Message 17 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Before things veer off topic, especially with the last couple of comments...

A8BA116C-EF17-40C4-94B8-E88ED40D3FC3.gif

If you want to discuss the economy, manufacturing, supply chain, unemployment rates, etc. (without delving into politics or the 5 Things We Don't Talk About), there's the SmorgasBoard section dedicated for such topics.  Thank you.

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back on topic. SyncB and Discover have been tightening up on a steady pace it seems. Could just be the algos taking over but I dont think so

ETA: Didnt read the Mod post before I hit the Post button. My apologies.

Message 19 of 33
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I said this before and I'll say it again. Synchrony is entropy in my life.

With massive data points, I just cannot share the same sentiment anymore as most people ("sure I will apply if I see a value to it."). There are also risks that I have to decide for myself if it's worth it. It's not about being emotional, I have two sync cards that I do not have and have not had an issue with. I am just calculating my personal risks with the data I have. (If it is not obvious, this is a personal opinion)

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.