cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC upgraded offer? Is this the best offered?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

PayPal MC upgraded offer? Is this the best offered?

Is below the best offered so far to anyone?  Seems pretty generous to me, targeted as think I have had $25 or $50 one before never $100 and 0% APR for a period of time as well.. Have a wedding in 2 weeks I must attend and another wedding in Dec as well and looking for a few bonuses to get as gotta spend > 3-5k for both so on the hunt for new subs Smiley Happy.  Anyone have any killer ones they know of that I havent already hit let me know.  Amex I am tapped out on as well as BofA now and cant get any citi TYP points as not 24 months..  Possibly do AA Citi Business card.  Other thoughts as well?  A Lender ideally that pulls TU, but any bureau is fine as long as they arent anti credit seeking open for idea.  Think 1 or 2 new cards as the hunt is real and lets face it I stink at gardening, but I can admit it Smiley Happy.  Would hit HSBC up as they seem to possibly be loosening up possibly on verification from recent approvals as 3% is tempting, but no sub and capped at 10k so that equal the 150 sub that it use to be on that card

If I was to jump on the PP MC I would convert my DC to the Divident card. as also have the PCR from PenFed.. Always like to have 2 2% cards just incase a BT or what not is on one.

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 4.54.15 PM.png

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal MC upgraded offer? Is this the best offered?

Do you have have the PenFed Pathfinder yet? 25K point SUB for $2500 in spend. I doesn’t look like a great card but maybe for the SUB. I don’t think the points equal cash either but sounds like you’re running out of easy options.
Message 2 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I guess if you're running out of options, this offer isn't bad, but $100 for 1k spend just seems average to me. Maybe for this particular card it's as good as it gets though.

The 3% for a year offers are only good if you're going to commit to using the card pretty much exclusively for a year. If you're jumping around a lot the value decreases.

Message 3 of 23
Hex
Valued Contributor

Elements Financial $200 SUB but you have to do 10 purchases totaling $1K in 90 days.
Message 4 of 23
Hex
Valued Contributor

If you super desperate NASA Star Trek. $300 for $2K. $39 annual fee. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 23
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

My offer years ago was 50 and I always chase good SUB's on cards I would keep 100 is largest I have seen personally.....enjoy!!!

Message 6 of 23
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Is that sub for PPMC?? I didn't even know they offer SUBs. I got $0 and have spent thousands in the past 2 months Smiley Mad

Also, are those destination weddings or something?? Otherwise, $3-$5k sounds very generous of you lol.

Message 7 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@KLEXH25 wrote:

Is that sub for PPMC?? I didn't even know they offer SUBs. I got $0 and have spent thousands in the past 2 months Smiley Mad

Also, are those destination weddings or something?? Otherwise, $3-$5k sounds very generous of you lol.

Yes PP MC..  

One wedding in down-town Chicago for best friend (best man) and other is in florida on the coast so both are costy for hotels, etc.  One in Chicago is 3 night stay one in Florida is 5 nights.  figure 300+ a night for stay, flights and food and gifts and pretty easy to get to that amount.  Could use miles, hotel points etc, but not worth it as not getting good value out of either and save them for oversees

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great offer, especially for Sync

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

where can you see these signup offers or preapproval notices at? i am logged into it and don't see anyplace to do this.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.