cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC upgraded offer? Is this the best offered?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal MC upgraded offer? Is this the best offered?

i just called the customer support and they said everyone who is approved right now is automatically getting the $100 sub and 0% APR deal... but i don't know if thats true or not, i don't see that printed anywhere on the website.

Message 11 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i just called the customer support and they said everyone who is approved right now is automatically getting the $100 sub and 0% APR deal... but i don't know if thats true or not, i don't see that printed anywhere on the website.

Was emailed to me.. I wouldnt take a CSR word as prior to this there was anywhere from 25-100 sign-up emails going out to people some with 0% promo aprs and others without it.  My guess is it is targeted.. When I click the link takes me to landing page clearly stating 100 statement credit and the other terms.  If one goes to apply for this card does it mention the same on page, if so it is open to public otherwise it is targeted i speculate

Message 12 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was emailed to me.. I wouldnt take a CSR word as prior to this there was anywhere from 25-100 sign-up emails going out to people some with 0% promo aprs and others without it.  My guess is it is targeted.. When I click the link takes me to landing page clearly stating 100 statement credit and the other terms.  If one goes to apply for this card does it mention the same on page, if so it is open to public otherwise it is targeted i speculate

+1... I think it's targeted as well.

A few days ago I got a similar email, but mine only has 0% through April 5... there's no $100 bonus.  Also when I click-through the offer in the email there's no mention of the bonus on the website, either.

The offer I got is good through October 5 so I don't expect to get another targeted offer anytime soon, but if they throw me the $100 bonus I might (???) have to give it some thought.

(On the other hand, I am targeted for the Rakuten/Ebates Signature Visa with a $50 sign-up bonus, but that's a firm 'no' at this point.)

Message 13 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

RACK CUTE TENSmiley Happy WHERE'S MY 💲💰🤷‍♂️
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i can't even app for the card. when i click the button to "apply now" it just takes me to an error page.

We are unable to process your request for the PayPal MasterCard*.

If you are responding to a preapproved offer, you will be provided with additional information.

*The PayPal MasterCard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated.

Message 15 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

"WE ARE SORRY, PPMC IS NO LONGER BEING SERVICED BY SYNCHRONY BANK. WE AT COMENITY ARE PLAYING TOPSY TURVY AND WE ARE IN CAHOOTS WITH SYNCHRONY TO ENJOY A FREAKY FRIDAY" "

JkSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

turns out my paypal acct was frozen so thats why it was throwing me error messages.

is there any rhyme or reason to getting these sub emails? i tried asking the support reps but they cant hand one out. do you have to put your full info on file with paypal including your soc# to be considered? or opt into marketing spam?

Message 17 of 23
redpat
Senior Contributor

CC, hit the garden......$100 SUBs?????  Don’t cheapen yourself by lowering the bar.  Also, from other posts, starting CLs seem to below your standards.

It’s summer, go out and play.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 18 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

CC, hit the garden......$100 SUBs?????  Don’t cheapen yourself by lowering the bar.  Also, from other posts, starting CLs seem to below your standards.

It’s summer, go out and play.

I'd have to agree, this offer doesn't seem worth it.

Message 19 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Will not be going for it btw..  The APR's are laughable and although the CL will grow in time, I doubt it will ever touch any of my big boy cards being the 50-60k cl ones.  Will seek or wait for another sub, would just be nice to hit 5k spend on stuff i need to spend on regardless for a nice sub, but doesnt really appear any are out there currently worth it where-as will just put most of trip on my CSR most likely.  Will wait and bound to be a sub around the holidays being november/december.  

At least maybe someone else will get or see this targeted offer that might work for them Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.