cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal credit no longer a hidden tradeline??

tag
slither43
Regular Contributor

PayPal credit no longer a hidden tradeline??

I was approved a few days back and sure enough, it's showing up on both EX and EQ on one of my other monitoring pages, including balance($0) and CL. Hasn't updated on MyFico but looks like it's just a matter of time. Is it possible that this is a one time thing and that PayPal doesn't update it after approval, assuming there's no negatives on the acct??

Message 1 of 146
145 REPLIES 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal credit no longer a hidden tradeline??

@slither43 wrote:

I was approved a few days back and sure enough, it's showing up on both EX and EQ on one of my other monitoring pages, including balance($0) and CL. Hasn't updated on MyFico but looks like it's just a matter of time. Is it possible that this is a one time thing and that PayPal doesn't update it after approval, assuming there's no negatives on the acct??

Interesting. There had been a lot of talk about this changing in June... You applied for PayPal Credit and not a credit card, right?

Message 2 of 146
slither43
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@slither43 wrote:

Interesting. There had been a lot of talk about this changing in June... You applied for PayPal Credit and not a credit card, right?

Correct, PP Credit. I had also seen talk of it but hadn't seen anyone up to this point say it showed up on a report. Yay me for being the first one. Ugh. lol

Message 3 of 146
slither43
Regular Contributor

For the record, it shows up as "SYNCB/PPC"

Message 4 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that sucks, sorry that you had to be the one to find out. 

Hopefully they gave you a decent CL at least so you can still use it without tanking utilization to heck. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 146
slither43
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that sucks, sorry that you had to be the one to find out. 

Hopefully they gave you a decent CL at least so you can still use it without tanking utilization to heck. Smiley Sad

Right? Just my luck. And it was really there for an emergency if I needed something and didn't want to hurt my utilization. Decent limit of $5k so I guess all is well. Still, I would have passed if I had known. At least others can have a head's up!

Message 6 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that eliminates any interest I had in this one so I guess you saved me a HP. Thanks for sharing. 

Message 7 of 146
slither43
Regular Contributor

Glad I could help. Well, not really....but you know what I mean. lol I'll update once it hits all 3 bureaus

Message 8 of 146
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

That's a decent starting limit, OP. And thanks for the data point. It'll be interesting to see if it starts showing on everyone's reports. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that eliminates any interest I had in this one so I guess you saved me a HP. Thanks for sharing. 

Same here!

Message 10 of 146
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.