cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal credit no longer a hidden tradeline??

tag
slither43
Regular Contributor

Re: PayPal credit no longer a hidden tradeline??

@Dave4fun wrote:

I was thinking about this...Perhaps since the OP's account is new then Synchrony will go ahead and report to the bureaus. The rest of us will not see it reporting until they do their massive update coming soon after the web portal is closed.  ???  

I think that may be the case. It will definitely be interesting to keep an eye on

Message 21 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

MAN. I just applied late last month. I didnt know that it was going to start reporting. My SL is 3K and im using about 2500 to finance a bedroom set. Its not report on my report yet though. Is there a link to get some info. I searched before applying but did not run into any discussions saying it will start reporting soon!!!!!????? Need to get a good idea so i can lower my utilization before it posts. 

Message 22 of 146
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Well if it starts reporting pretty much a worthless TL..  Have 100 on mine still with 5 months left to pay for interest free period and was going to just pay it off this month regardless.. Just fingers crossed that they at least report accurately being the opened date vs. date the decide to report or that will really mess my life up.  Just got a piece of mail today in the mail about changes in account terms, etc. for it and saw this post.

Message 23 of 146
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

I was thinking the same thing about it maybe reporting because it is a new account.  But I am saddened if this starts reporting for all, I like to have that interest free option for a few months...while also not hurting my util., I will be watching this one as well.  I have noticed upon logging in (on the actual computer) it has asked for updated financial info, which I haven't been completing because I was trying to do something quickly.  Now wondering if a CLI will cause it to report sooner, I think I will not chance it for now.

Message 24 of 146
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

MAN. I just applied late last month. I didnt know that it was going to start reporting. My SL is 3K and im using about 2500 to finance a bedroom set. Its not report on my report yet though. Is there a link to get some info. I searched before applying but did not run into any discussions saying it will start reporting soon!!!!!????? Need to get a good idea so i can lower my utilization before it posts. 

For what it's worth...if you're not planning to apply for anything anytime soon I wouldn't worry too much about it.  As I'm sure you know utilzation has no memory and if the 0% period if beneficial I'd continue to take advantage of it. 

Message 25 of 146
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, i dont use this account too much but i agree its nice to have a hidden account. Just today my older sister asked me to help her with a small $200 loan, oh i hope she follows and pays me back knock on wood, and i sent it via paypal. I was going to send it via my checking but then saw i could use PP credit, even though it had a 6 buck fee. I didnt care, this way i can keep my current money to pay another bill and with PPC being hidden , hopefully she pays me back at begining of month and i can just pay PPC right back. Hidden is good sometimesSmiley Wink
Message 26 of 146
slither43
Regular Contributor

For the record, as of today it is now reporting on all 3 bureaus. Yay. So much for my hidden tradeline! I'd imagine it's just a matter of time before they start reporting all the existing accts as well

Message 27 of 146
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What does your current profile look like? Scores, hps, aaoa etc? Just wondering if this is random or a precursor. Could be if someone's profile is marginal or maybe they are reporting new accounts only and not those who have one before a certain date?
Message 28 of 146
slither43
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
What does your current profile look like? Scores, hps, aaoa etc? Just wondering if this is random or a precursor. Could be if someone's profile is marginal or maybe they are reporting new accounts only and not those who have one before a certain date?

Profile is relatively good so I don't think I'd be marginal for PP credit.. Scores are EQ799/TU750/EX748. HP's 3/2/2. AAoA is around 3 yrs across the board. I'm curious to hear from someone else who opens a new acct!

Message 29 of 146
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks! Yeah you should be good. Very interesting to say the leastSmiley Wink
Message 30 of 146
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.