cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal credit no longer a hidden tradeline??

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PayPal credit no longer a hidden tradeline??

Well, time for the closers to close if you want to beat it reporting. I should just close mine but not sure . The reality is if it reports it will be just one more normal account and no longer have its uniqueness of being hidden.
Message 71 of 146
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Dear PPC/Comenity - It was a really good run and you’ll be missed. We are rooting for you on the revival of Blispay!!!! A Visa card with deferred financing or 2% CB if PIF is a great product...make it happen 👍

Dear PPC/Synchrony - Some of us will hang in during the transition because we like the LOC...make it worth our wild 😇
~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 72 of 146
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Ok so bad news everyone.  I just called PayPal-Credit and spoke to a CSR.  She was very confident when she gave me this answer by the way.  She said it defintely WILL report to the credit reports starting in August AND will show up as a new account for AAoA and will show only history from June 2019.  So for example it will show on everyone's CR as

PAYPALCREDIT/SYNC

Account Opened June 2019

Will show history from June 2019-when it report in August 2019 NOT when you opened it (Which for me is 2013).

I will be paying off and closing my account before June so not sure what everyone else wants to do, but there you have it Smiley Sad

You have until June 19 effectively to close it for it not to report from what it sounds too.

Message 73 of 146
donotpassgo
Valued Member

If you have any concerns regarding the servicing updates, do not wait until the last minute to make changes, including termination requests, to your account.

The transition to Synchrony officially begins June 20th at 5p EST, services will be unavailable until June 24th, with the new updated terms taking effect June 23rd.

Message 74 of 146
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@atst2000 wrote:

Ok so bad news everyone.  I just called PayPal-Credit and spoke to a CSR.  She was very confident when she gave me this answer by the way.  She said it defintely WILL report to the credit reports starting in August AND will show up as a new account for AAoA and will show only history from June 2019.  So for example it will show on everyone's CR as

PAYPALCREDIT/SYNC

Account Opened June 2019

Will show history from June 2019-when it report in August 2019 NOT when you opened it (Which for me is 2013).

I will be paying off and closing my account before June so not sure what everyone else wants to do, but there you have it Smiley Sad

You have until June 19 effectively to close it for it not to report from what it sounds too.

I will definitely shut mine down.  The last thing I want/need right now is a brand new account reporting.  😖

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 75 of 146
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@atst2000 wrote:

PAYPALCREDIT/SYNC

Account Opened June 2019

It should have to keep its history or can be disputed as if you report you must report "accurately" and if they don't use the correct open date that isn't accurate reporting in my books.  Just cause they acquired it doesn't get them past that unless to explicity say it will be a new account.  I see possibly alot of mad people me being one of them if this is true and not take it without a fight if i don't have original open date/history

Message 76 of 146
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@atst2000 wrote:

PAYPALCREDIT/SYNC

Account Opened June 2019

It should have to keep its history or can be disputed as if you report you must report "accurately" and if they don't use the correct open date that isn't accurate reporting in my books.  Just cause they acquired it doesn't get them past that unless to explicity say it will be a new account.  I see possibly alot of mad people me being one of them if this is true and not take it without a fight if i don't have original open date/history

Exactly! I'm going to leave it and I will fight the opening date if they don't back date the account. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 77 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, and I'll keep mine open if only to dispute this.  I have not opened a new account.  I originally signed up with BML, which transitioned to PPC and now to whatever it is, it is the exact same account.  Does anyone know how they can get around showing the original date of opening the account?  When my mortgage was acquired by another company, the date I opened the account didn't change... nor has any account that has gone through something like this, that I can think of.  I do believe they are going to have their hands full with this one if what is stated above comes to fruition. 

Message 78 of 146
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Synchrony should add rewards to this card since they want to make it like all other cards(reporting and monthly payments).
Message 79 of 146
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peazmom wrote:

@atst2000 wrote:

PAYPALCREDIT/SYNC

Account Opened June 2019

I will definitely shut mine down.  The last thing I want/need right now is a brand new account reporting.  😖

Actually even if you closed the account today, it would still report as new account with most current credit limit. Only difference would be, listed as closed account/paid on your consumer reports. 

Message 80 of 146
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.