Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal credit questions

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

PayPal credit questions

Is this still a hidden tradeline?
They are backed by Synchrony now, right?
Are they bankruptcy friendly if previously IIB?
Are they inquiry sensitive? (I have between 10 - 13 over the last two years)
And at about what score are they likely to approve?
Looking to add this to my portfolio sometime in the future. I don't need it now, but I figure if I want to plan a vacation, I'd rather put the expense on a hidden tradeline with 0% financing. Thanks!
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal credit questions

Yes still a hidden TL and backed by Synchrony, scores up in the mid 600's, not sure about the rest though.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 13
Begin_anew1
Valued Member

Yes it’s still a hidden ttradeline and they are bk friendly. I was approved with score in the low 600’s. I applied 3 months after discharge and it was an Equifax pull.
Message 3 of 13
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@CashBackQueen wrote:
Is this still a hidden tradeline?
They are backed by Synchrony now, right?
Are they bankruptcy friendly if previously IIB?
Are they inquiry sensitive? (I have between 10 - 13 over the last two years)
And at about what score are they likely to approve?
Looking to add this to my portfolio sometime in the future. I don't need it now, but I figure if I want to plan a vacation, I'd rather put the expense on a hidden tradeline with 0% financing. Thanks!

1. Yes, hidden until you fail to pay. If they need to report a late payment they will and the whole thing pops up.

2. Yes, Synchrony Bank runs the show now.

3. Yes, Synchrony Bank is like Opera. You get a card, You get a card, You get a card. Having a BK with Synchrony IIB will just slow down your application slightly whie they figure out how to approve you.

4. Not likely.

5. Either 600 or low 600's. The account is not very picky.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 4 of 13
Dilbert934
New Contributor

There are two differnent paypal offerings....

PayPal Credit - Does not show up as a tradeline and appears to be managed internally by PayPal

PayPal Smartconnect - Does show up as a TL and is managed by Syncrony

BillMeLater became PayPal Credit.  It was not a new offering by them.  SmartConnect was an original offering by PayPal.

Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I dont think Sync just finds a way to approve everyone just to give them a card. Plenty people get rejected. You still need to meet their requitements for approvsls, whatever they maybe.
Message 6 of 13
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Yes, they are bankruptcy friendly. I was approved about 6 months after discharge with a credit line of $1,500. My scores were around 630.

The weird thing is I got denied for the Amazon store card the same week due to bankruptcy. Go figure
Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 7 of 13
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

I can’t seem to get back in with Synchrony at all. I’m 14 months post BK discharge, all three FICOs above 630, the only cards I want from them are Walmart and PayPal credit and I can’t get approved for either Smiley Sad

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 13
zerofire
Valued Contributor

14 Months is not really long enough if you included Synchrony Bank in the BK. If you included everyone else but them then that is another matter. Walmart is definitely the easiest CC to get ever so just look at cleaning up your reports and when you are ready then you can ask. PayPal Credit is generally overhyped. It is a great novelty until it wears off. Just keep that in mind.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CashBackQueen - 

Which banks did you IIB? Were you able to get credit with them after your discharge?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.