cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal just approved me for my 1st unsecured card!

tag
tobey
Contributor

Re: PayPal just approved me for my 1st unsecured card!

I called customer service, it took me 8 minutes to wade through their phone system (argh!). But I finally got to speak to a human who said since I've activated the card it should show up in my PayPal account tomorrow. I have a strange feeling that won't happen because it should have showed up in my account when I was approved for it...but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

where did yuu go to apply for it?

Message 12 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Here is the link for the card. If they can't approve you for the card they will automatically check you for paypal smart connect, which can then be hooked up to a paypal debit card and used like a CC. Its just a little slower with payments and stuff. 

Message 13 of 18
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

where did yuu go to apply for it?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 18
Jlu
Established Contributor

Holy thread resurrection

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 15 of 18
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Holy thread resurrection

haha this is what i had originally said but decided to remove it due to the member being Brand new...lol

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Oh wow, I didn't realize how old it was. 

Smiley Tongue Oh well, at least I was able to help someone xD 

Message 17 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

The Paypal Plat MC has good benefits:3x pts on gas/restaurants...6,000 pts= $50 cash back. I'd DEF PIF though, the APR is either 19.99% or 23.99%. I started at a $2,000 limit in January and it's at $7,000 now.

Of course Amex is better, but the Paypal Plat MC is good to have as a trade line and as a back up :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.