Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal mc invitation to apply pops up when I log in

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal mc invitation to apply pops up when I log in

That doesn't sound like pre approval does it. Anyone get this screen and was approved?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal mc invitation to apply pops up when I log in

Aren't you supposed to be gardening?

Message 2 of 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Yeah, I got it and applied. Approved for $700 with a 595 TU. Probably because of my thick file because most people with scores close to mine get $300, and from what I read, I'm the first known approval with a sub-600 score.

Message 3 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
That doesn't sound like pre approval does it. Anyone get this screen and was approved?

It is a marketing solicitation to apply, not a pre-approved offer OP.  I get them all the time despite of already having both PayPal and eBay MCs.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes sir I'm supposed to be .I logged in to PayPal and it just popped up.i don't think I would stand a chance because of new accounts and inquires
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes sir I'm supposed to be .I logged in to PayPal and it just popped up.i don't think I would stand a chance because of new accounts and inquires

FWIW, Sync doesn’t care about either of those for approvals. They do care when it comes to CLI requests (I’m still getting shot down on my PayPal Cashback 7 months in because and the reason is too many inquiries) but I would be shocked if Sync didn’t approve you with the scores in your sig. 700 is the mark where they tend to open the purse strings. 

Since you’re gardening, I would just do that and app when you get an offer that has a SUB. They go out sometimes and can be a combination of $25-$100 and/or 0% intro APR periods. The PayPal Cashback doesn’t normally have either. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I'm really not interested in synch I think im blacklisted because of a old g e money Walmart account I can't get a approval for any other synch card or a cli on Walmart they refuse to do a AR on Walmart and keep using Feb 2019 scores of 633 when if fact im at 716 currently
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yea I'm really not interested in synch I think im blacklisted because of a old g e money Walmart account I can't get a approval for any other synch card or a cli on Walmart they refuse to do a AR on Walmart and keep using Feb 2019 scores of 633 when if fact im at 716 currently

It’s not at all uncommon for creditors to put you in a CLI freeze for awhile when you get approved with borderline scores. February is not even 6 months. I think you’re being a bit unreasonable with your expectations of them. They’re still getting to know you. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably so
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It is just marketing. I get the popup once a week on my PayPal account and an email for the card every other week.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.