Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal's Mastercard CLI Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal's Mastercard CLI Question

I would first like to say sorry if this is in the wrong spot please by all means move it.

I have had this card now for well over a year. The starting CL on this card was $300. I am still sitting at $300 with this card and just cannot seem to get it to move. I am considering canceling it for a more favorale card because the $300 is pretty much useless if its not going to grow. I have tried Luv Button, Chat, and Credit Solutions and still havent gotten a CLI.

My datapoints from Discover Scorecard are: Fico Score 674, Length of Credit 13years, Inquiries 3, Util 14%, Missed Payments 0. I do have a BK that is turing 2 in about 3 weeks also. I have a few other cards with much better limits (see below). I am starting to thing Sync just doesnt like me or wants me to just wait forever to finally get some luv. I had a Lowes card with a $500 SL and held it for a year with no CLIs either. My Discover card has been giving me at least $300 increases every three month since I opened it. CapOne has been picky with me but I have been shuffling things around. I'd like to combine the Cabela's and Venture but it doesnt seem like they have that option at this point and time. Any info will be helpful, at this point I want to close it and possibly open another card with potentially higher limit. Or should I just hold it and hope it finally grows one day?

CapOne SavorOne: $8,000

CapOne VentureOne: $3,100

Discover NHL: $4,100

Cabela's: $3,000

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PayPal's Mastercard CLI Question

Your stats seem fine and if you gave a 5k Amazon, its only time before this opens up. Each card has different underwriting and Sync can be silly on certain card growth. Id say its the bk on report for now but as time goes on, and your score rises you should see growth. Maybe put a reoccurring bill on it til you see an auto increase or you break through.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you been using it?  Maybe they need to see more spend. 

Message 3 of 7
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

This may be apples and oranges.

Sync is an odd lot. I carried high balances on them in the past and those cards appear to be frozen. Also, they SP old reports. Think of it as applying 60 days ago.

However, they continue to approve me for new cards with larger limits. So, who knows?

Edited: Jim Beam

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you been using it?  Maybe they need to see more spend. 

At first I used it alot but when I say alot I would put like 15-30$ on it then PIF. I did let it report a $1 balance for about 6 months in a row as well. It has been reporting zero balance since then though. I still put the occasional 1-6 bucks on it but pay it off soon after. With a $300 credit line I can only risk putting about 26$ on it for reporting purposes as I am keeping everything under 8.9% when possible.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use it up to its limit and pay it before the statement cuts. Since Sync takes forever to get to the statement anyway, you’ve got about 7-8 days between your due date and their reporting date. Just stop using the card around the due date and you won’t ever report a huge balance. 

You can’t expect them to feel you need more when you don’t use it. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had horrible luck with SYNC... my Amazon store card has been at 200.00 forever!! I just got a Paypal MC and the opening line was 300.00...

My CL's with Navy Fed and Discover are 10K and 7K respectively...

Some lenders just dont budge, others take time, I have long stopped trying to figure out the rhyme or reason for these lenders...

My utilization rate is 12.9%, yet I cant get them to budge!!!

Be patient, spend on the card, PIF each month..  and hopefully the CLI Gods will look upon you favorably... 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.