Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Off Ze Cards

tag
KittahMama
Valued Member

Paying Off Ze Cards

Just took a bite out of my savings and combined it with my bonus from work and paid off $5200 in credit card debt! Payment was mostly savings but I did leave a little cushion for myself and I can build it up pretty fast without the massive debt payments. My chunky pay-down left me with only $500 reporting on my K limit BofA Americard. I just couldn't pay it little by little, It was killing me and knowing I could squeeze it out of my savings... I know they say the interest rate is eating what savings earn but savings for me are just SAVINGS- I would like them to earn but that isn't why I have them, it's for the oh crap moments/months that may happen. Anyhow. I went back and forth on whether or not to pull savings but I decided to heck with it! I plan to refresh my savings with my tax return which should just about cover it but now I can save $500 a month instead of throw it at my ever increasing (interest) debt!

On a side note- we started couponing in my household. Saved $160 off of our $380 bill. That's GOOD for us! We spend way too much on groceries but otherwise the budget is cut about as thin as it can go. I have a chunky car payment but otherwise, we live fairly simply. I am SO excited to be debt free as of Feb ( I am taking the 500 I would like to save to wipe out that last bit of debt FOR GOOD) I am also excited to save some money from the coupons and better meal planning. 2013 is looking bright!  

I have learned so much from these forums and I feel so blessed to be able to meet my goals, even if it means I have to use my savings for now. I am grateful to even have savings, I know not everyone is as fortunate. I hope you all meet your credit goals for 2013 and beyond! You have helped me so much!! Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Paying Off Ze Cards

Wow thats awesome!!! sounds like you got a little Dave Ramsey in you lol

Message 2 of 4
sonson
Regular Contributor

Congrats on paying down and being almost debt free! I recently paid about 5-6k on CC debt. It feels great!!! 

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
Smug
Established Contributor

Congratulations, I'm doing the same thing here I just ended up selling my big four-bedroom home and was able to find 2/1 in foreclosure for $3000. No repairs were needed to the $3000 home everything is tiled needed some paint but nothing major roof is good structures good everything is good. My electric bill is about $41 a month which is fantastic that's including air conditioning last summer. My total bills with air-conditioning Internet and water come to less than $100 a month. I love living cheap!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.