Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Rent W/ CC (details inside)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying Rent W/ CC (details inside)

Recently approved for the $400/$1000 Barclays NFL Promo. Is there a way to pay my rent on the card in order to reach the $1000 faster, and of course pay it off immediately?

Hope this isn't a crazy question, just wasn't sure if I could use it to buy a money order for rent or something, then pay the card off the next day via bank wire transfer.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Paying Rent W/ CC (details inside)

unless your landlord has a credit card swiper or third party accessory (like for the iphone) you cannot. 

and this is misleading. 

you need details. you dont have details lol. 

edit: about the money order thing. there is no way for banks to take money off the card unless its a cash advance which in most cases doesnt count as a purchase. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 26
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Williampaid offers you the option to pay rent via credit card. However you should avoid it because its fee will outweigh any credit card reward plus benefits. Its fee is greater than 1% and the credit bureau that it reports to is PRBC. PRBC is a rarely used credit bureau, even more rare than Innovis (used in most mortgages) and Corelogic (used by AMEX).

Ask your landlord if he or she has Amazon Payment account. You can use Amazon Payment to send the money without paying a fee.

Message 3 of 26
xxpert
Established Member

you can do this by utilizing blue bird Amex prepaid card... You use your CC to load the money on you blue bird card at stores like walgreens and others I won't mention and you can make ACH payments for your rent through the blue bird card. You can do this for a fee of around $8 per $1000
Wallet: Gold PRG/ Saphire Preffered 9k/ Amex SPG 4k / Amex Platinum/ Barclays US Air 14k/ Delta Gold 20k / Ink Bold/ Citi AA plat 10k

Drawer: US Bank Flexperks 12k/ Freedom 2k/ Citi dividend 2k/ Ink plus 6k
Message 4 of 26
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Paypal? Seems like you aren't too worried about fee's since you are getting $400 back.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 26
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

I use my credit cards for this purpose if their rewards is greater than 2% cash back on any transaction (which Amex Fidelity qualifies for). This is because the online credit card payment service charges a 2.75% fee. However, the 0.75% fee is minimal and I am willing to take the hit to utilize my credit cards fully.

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 26
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I was wondering the same thing. My rent is budgeted just like other bills, and if i could pay that with my CC then pay it off in the same breath for rewards points, id rack those bad boys up quickly.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 7 of 26
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Any rental property I've lived on accepts CC - at a rather LARGE service fee that varies at each property.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 8 of 26
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

Any rental property I've lived on accepts CC - at a rather LARGE service fee that varies at each property.

that's so weird though. ive never seen cc accepted in the 15 years ive been renting property. 

was this like a neighborhood? or complex?

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I have two rental properties....  The swipe fees are not worth it to me... I'd be giving up over 30 dollars per payment processed.  

ACH transfer is easy and cheap though. I let my renters pay using Wepay.com and the cost is only $0.50 which I absorb.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.