Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying ccs with BlueBird

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Paying ccs with BlueBird

For unknown reasons, I have been allowed to get a Bluebird card again after years of being denied.   I don't want to repeat my previous bad behavior. Has anyone had recent experience of using BB to regularly pay off credit cards?  I plan to load BB with a real debit card that gives 0.5% back.   On monthly credit card bills of $200M that would really add up....   (Unfortunately, mine are a bit smaller and I think BB maxes out at 2K a month or so!)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying ccs with BlueBird

Just curious what debit cards give .5 cb like paypal debit as that is 1% I believe..  As .5 percent is still an extra .5 percent, being money is mone and if you can pay CC by bluebird i might mess with it as it is all the same outgoing payments mise well add a few more pennies to the piggy bank

Message 2 of 10
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

I'll add a DP. I've been using BB to pay my credit cards for over a year and it's pretty seamless. Load it at Walmart and use the bill pay feature to pay the banks within two days or more depending on when you send it. Unfortunately I've been hit in the recent BB/Serve shutdowns even though I don't MS at all.

Message 3 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

What debit card do you use to load it?  Does paypal 1% work?  no nothing on these things

Message 4 of 10
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

I just loaded it with cash not debit cards. Sorry should have mentioned that.

Message 5 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I will use Aspiration which gives 0.5% if PayPal doesn't work. (PayPal didn't work with cash app but may be it will with bb)
Message 6 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Aspiration seems like a good one if PP 1% doesn't work although scares me as they appears to be trying to raise more capital.  cough cough blispay of sorts lol.  Obviously alot bigger, but always skeptical.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-aspiration-fundraising-idUSKCN1RT1SY

Message 7 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:
I will use Aspiration which gives 0.5% if PayPal doesn't work. (PayPal didn't work with cash app but may be it will with bb)

So I tried to link my Paypal Business Debit card.   BB says "You entered a credit card number, please enter a debit card number."  I note that the PP Debit doesn't say "Mastercard Debit" whereas my other cards do.   It took the Aspiration one, waiting to verify with test withdrawals.

For $10 savings a month, almost certainly not worth the bother, but hey, it keeps me off the streets and from breaking into other peoples homes.   Well, most of the time.

Message 8 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

So I tried to link my Paypal Business Debit card.   BB says "You entered a credit card number, please enter a debit card number."  I note that the PP Debit doesn't say "Mastercard Debit" whereas my other cards do.   It took the Aspiration one, waiting to verify with test withdrawals.

For $10 savings a month, almost certainly not worth the bother, but hey, it keeps me off the streets and from breaking into other peoples homes.   Well, most of the time.

Does the BB load count as a purchase?  Doesn't seem to be that many left but 1% is gettable apparently for a debit card.

I mean I guess if I paid bills off that vs. ACH that'd be 1% of 4k+ or 40/month which suddenly doesn't sound so trivial?

        
Message 9 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Does the BB load count as a purchase?  Doesn't seem to be that many left but 1% is gettable apparently for a debit card.

I mean I guess if I paid bills off that vs. ACH that'd be 1% of 4k+ or 40/month which suddenly doesn't sound so trivial?

Late update!   BB load does count as a purchase (as does loads to the Square Debit card) but currently I get only 0.25% back   (The bank gives you 0.25% or 0.5% on your overall Aspiration Impact Measurement, which is based on the social/environmental goodness of the places you spend your money.)   So you would need a lot of BB/Serve cards to get much money back!   But advocates of "free money!!!" can determine if the needed additional steps (loading BB and paying from there, rather than paying directly) is worth the additional 0.25%

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.