Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying credit card while charges are pending

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying credit card while charges are pending

Hi all - Some good folks here have advised that Chase does mid-cycle reporting if you pay the card down to $0 so I want to so. However I still have a charge pending from the weekend. Do you think I should just pay the current amount showing as the balance or the total amount of the current AND pending charges? Or, should I wait til the pending charges post and pay then? Thanks in advance for offering your thoughts!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying credit card while charges are pending

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all - Some good folks here have advised that Chase does mid-cycle reporting if you pay the card down to $0 so I want to so. However I still have a charge pending from the weekend. Do you think I should just pay the current amount showing as the balance or the total amount of the current AND pending charges? Or, should I wait til the pending charges post and pay then? Thanks in advance for offering your thoughts!

Just wait until the pending charges post.  No point in doing double payments

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for your response!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wait until the pending charges post.  No point in doing double payments

Message 3 of 5
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I *think* Chase will allow you to overpay (so you could pay the full amount at once if you add up your posted and pending charges). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 4 of 5
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

I overpay - meaning, I add in my pending charges that I know are going to post.

That way, when they do - I have a 0 balance.

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.