cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for rent w/ CC...frowned upon or o.k.?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying for rent w/ CC...frowned upon or o.k.?

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Would Chase frown upon loading Square up with $1500 a month?  Just got a targeted offer for a Marriott Card as well lol.. Ugh meeting all these spending requirements is becoming fun..  As Mentioned in other threads most likely will just add parents as an AU to meet the spend in 1 month to make it easier on myself send they spend a ton, but since I saw this thread was just wondering.

Don't think they'd give a hoot, honestly...As long as it isn't your own square.

Message 21 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

Depends on how comfortable you are with using serve. You can probably use that method to pay your rent every month with no fees. 

I'm in a similar situation and giving Serve a try this month for the first time.

Message 22 of 78
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Would Chase frown upon loading Square up with $1500 a month?  Just got a targeted offer for a Marriott Card as well lol.. Ugh meeting all these spending requirements is becoming fun..  As Mentioned in other threads most likely will just add parents as an AU to meet the spend in 1 month to make it easier on myself send they spend a ton, but since I saw this thread was just wondering.

If i were you i would look into redbird BB or serve or one of those prepaid cards. You can easily put in between 1500-5000 an month via cc to meet min spend. 

And that is fine with a CC company like chase?

Message 23 of 78
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Don't think they'd give a hoot, honestly...As long as it isn't your own square.

Meant Serve actuallySmiley Happy

Message 24 of 78
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

If i were you i would look into redbird BB or serve or one of those prepaid cards. You can easily put in between 1500-5000 an month via cc to meet min spend. 

I did 1500 an month with my CSP for an most of the 2014 year, they didin't seem to mind. Only thing you have to worry about is when you first do it will show up as cash advance then it will fall off when it falls off pending. I have done it both with ink plus and CSP so i would say knock yourself out. I would peruse the FT thread about serve tho to be on safe side. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 25 of 78
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I did 1500 an month with my CSP for an most of the 2014 year, they didin't seem to mind. Only thing you have to worry about is when you first do it will show up as cash advance then it will fall off when it falls off pending. I have done it both with ink plus and CSP so i would say knock yourself out. I would peruse the FT thread about serve tho to be on safe side. 

Thank you I will head over to FT while I have a boring friday at work and read up to make sure I don't see any big issues sticking out... Sounds like a good idea.. So I assume you can use serve like an atm card and withdraw cash?  Is there a limit per day or does it allow you to transfer from server to your bank account?   Thanks for all the info!

Message 26 of 78
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Thank you I will head over to FT while I have a boring friday at work and read up to make sure I don't see any big issues sticking out... Sounds like a good idea.. So I assume you can use serve like an atm card and withdraw cash?  Is there a limit per day or does it allow you to transfer from server to your bank account?   Thanks for all the info!

If your place does rent via debit card you just push payment thru serve to whomever. That is the safest way to do it. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 27 of 78
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I hear people talk all the time about meeting "spending requirements", how do I know if I have a card that I have to meet some sort of requirement on? Lol!!! I don't even know!
Message 28 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
I hear people talk all the time about meeting "spending requirements", how do I know if I have a card that I have to meet some sort of requirement on? Lol!!! I don't even know!

Spend bonuses.

Message 29 of 78
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nixon.. What are spend bonuses? Oh lord.. I'm rebuilding, so I must not have a card like that, lmao!!!
Message 30 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.