Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying late

tag
jon17brown
Valued Member

Paying late

I have to pay 1 day late this month. That won't go as a late on my CR correct? Not unless it is a whole 30 days late? Has there ever been an exception to this rule?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Paying late

correct only 30 day lates should show up on your CR however they could do some AA

Message 2 of 13
jon17brown
Valued Member

AA?
Message 3 of 13
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@jon17brown wrote:
AA?

Adverse Action (AA) cut your CL or something.   But that is not likely either unless you are having other credit issues.

Message 4 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@jon17brown wrote:
AA?

Adverse Action (AA) cut your CL or something.   But that is not likely either unless you are having other credit issues.

Also cant they raise your APR?  I forget what the credit act says but I think late is the reason they can raise it
Message 5 of 13
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

I payed my Kay jewelers account late by two days. They came back an closed the account. they never notified me an my payment history was perfect( besides the two day late). I was upset by this because I could always rely on finding a gift for the wife there. Plus I spent close to 4k with them. i called and the csr said she was sorry but would be more then happy take my application over the phone. 

Lucky for me I don't need Kay's anymore since my wife moved onto boots an wallets.

Message 6 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I would just ring them and let them know. Maybe they will put a note on the account or something so that nothing will happen. It is always best to ring and let them know if something is about to happen; that way you can avoid headaches later.

Message 7 of 13
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I would just ring them and let them know. Maybe they will put a note on the account or something so that nothing will happen. It is always best to ring and let them know if something is about to happen; that way you can avoid headaches later.

If you are nice to them, and a good customer, calling may help you get any late fee waived as well (if the card charges them).

Message 8 of 13
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I paid my chase bill 1 day late.... didn;t report to my cr but they did hit me with the penalty apr and refuse to budge.  I don't carry a balance so its no biggie but still makes me cranky.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 9 of 13
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

I don't know your situation, but maybe it might make sense to do a little trick with Paypal? 

Fund a Paypal account with another credit card (I think, you'll lose ~3% on this, but as far as you need to make a minimum payment only, that should not be such a big loss) and then use this money to push them out to any bank account you have and pay on time. If you have Discover and you have MoneySend allowed for your account, you won't even lose anything. 

This is a very nice way of "refinancing" a credit card debt if used wisely. Please don't jump into this without knowing what you are doing as it might lead you to bigger troubles. I do something similar sometimes when I urgently need to pay a debt here in the US and I am physically overseas... 

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.