Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off all Credit Card debit..?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Paying off all Credit Card debit..?

@Blake4051 wrote:
it's hard to remember when I am supposed to pay them.

You have to find the number of cards that you can manage and use whatever tools work for you to manage them.  There are threads on this topic that you can refer to but spreadsheets, finance apps, solutions such as Mint/YNAB/etc are commonly used and you might want to look into one or more of them.

@Blake4051 wrote:
I just don't know if I should pay all in full, and close a few?

I'd suggest getting your utilization optimal and reporting and seeing where you stand first.  Then consider closing.  Read the stickied thread on closing cards and consider the impact to utilization due to closure.

@Blake4051 wrote:

I think I am going to hold off on an auto loan until my accounts report as PIF. maybe I can get a better offer on a  loan.

Always get your credit in optimal shape before applying for anything.  You might want to look into a CMS to keep tabs on things.

Message 11 of 12
Galaim
Contributor

Re: Paying off all Credit Card debit..?

@Blake4051 wrote:
I am 19 years old, and I have quite a few credit cards. A total in 8 at the moment. I've stopped app'ing for them, and started to pay all of them down. Currently I owe $2500. Not much, but I do work full time and even then, it's hard to remember when I am supposed to pay them.

I have the money to pay all in full today. I was considering doing that, but I also don't know of I should close some, sock drawer some, or still use some. I want to buy a car, but I know my report has large amount of inquiries and 8 revolving accounts.

My total credit amount it $4600, here are my cards:
1FBUSA - $650 credit limit
Capital One - $300
Barclaycard Rewards - $500
Amazon Store - $1200
Walmart store - $800
American Eagle store- $600
Kohl's charge - $300
Speedway - $250

I just don't know if I should pay all in full, and close a few? My credit karma score says 605, but it used to be upper 650s. I have no lates or anything negative except excessive inquires. Probably 25+ but my last inquiry was probably November 2013.

I can help with this part. I assume you have a smartphone, yes? Set up reminders in your calendar! Or if you have an iphone, use Siri and tell her "create a reminder for February 25 (or whatever the date is) at 2pm" and then tell her to remind you to pay $100 to AE. Or whichever amount and card. Log in online or look at your statements to get the dates, and set up a recurring monthly reminder for 5-7 days before the statement date. Hope this helps!

Gardening since 12/01/13 with an escape on 4/22/14 for a good cause
Scores: 05/01/10: thin file/no score 08/11/11: 620 all (mortgage FICO) 04/25/14: 705 TU (Barclay) 695 EX (FNBO) 621 EQ (FAKO) In My Wallet:: Wells Rewards Visa $7k, Care Credit $5k, Wells Care Credit $3.6k, NFBO Overstock $4.5k, BarclayCard $2.5k, Capital One $300, Chase $1.8k, Lane Bryant $1.75k, QVC $1.7k, Best Buy $1k, Chase Amazon Visa $500, Target RED $500, Torrid (Comenity) $350, Macys $300, TOTAL $31k CL, 36% util

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.