Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying rent with credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying rent with credit card

I have never heard of plastiq. I use chargesmart there fees are reasonable. Wow you can even paY your rent not bad.
Message 11 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

2.5% for the 100k MR that you are going after is nothing in comparison to the rewards if that is one of the 3 cards you are going after..  Sometimes things like this are needed and help out if you are going after alot of bonuses at once.  Yes it slices into the bonus, but something is better than nothing if you have a chance of losing one.

My friend lives at a place in Chicago where his rent is 4500$ a month and they take CC with NO fees!  What I would do to have this offer, although not the high rent!  So he just has his DC attached to it and get $90 a month back essentially.

Yea that is one of the cards but I actually paid rent with my spg for the 30k signup. I just bit the bullet and did it. Too bad navient doesn't take amex. That would be a huge help. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya would be nice if Navient did for sure as my SL's are with them, only Visa/MC!

Message 13 of 24
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Hmm I can pay my minimum payment for Navient with my CC ($750) but I could throw more on my CC by writing a check with plastiq. I like this idea!!!

Personal:

Business:

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

How long was the promo for?  Did you reach out to them to see why it changed?

There was no indication how long it lasted and all the articles said there is no end date yet. So it is all the more confusing all of a sudden that it is over. I can try to reach out to them but they are crap in responding back and it can take days to hear anything. 

They actually responded back rather promptly claiming they announced the promo period ending as of two days ago on all the blogs they have relationships with. Funny that I did not see that mentioned on any blog I was reading. Even funnier that somehow this is supposed to serve as notice top me when they could easily send an email because all members have signed up with their email addresses. Sadly if they had only sent the email I could have scheduled this payment two days ago no problem.  I was considering radpad but upon further investigation it looks like not only do they send a check to the landlord but they send all these terms that the landlord is agreeing too by cashing the check. My landlord is a frickin psycho and will throw a fit and refuse to accept anything other than a straight check, so that is out. 

I'll bet your landlord isn't as bad as ours!  He "is" a psycho and I STILL use and LOVE RadPad and could care less if he likes it or not.  It's easier for me and so simple.  Everything is taken care of and he gets paid right on time and sometimes early. 

Message 15 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

There was no indication how long it lasted and all the articles said there is no end date yet. So it is all the more confusing all of a sudden that it is over. I can try to reach out to them but they are crap in responding back and it can take days to hear anything. 

They actually responded back rather promptly claiming they announced the promo period ending as of two days ago on all the blogs they have relationships with. Funny that I did not see that mentioned on any blog I was reading. Even funnier that somehow this is supposed to serve as notice top me when they could easily send an email because all members have signed up with their email addresses. Sadly if they had only sent the email I could have scheduled this payment two days ago no problem.  I was considering radpad but upon further investigation it looks like not only do they send a check to the landlord but they send all these terms that the landlord is agreeing too by cashing the check. My landlord is a frickin psycho and will throw a fit and refuse to accept anything other than a straight check, so that is out. 

I'll bet your landlord isn't as bad as ours!  He "is" a psycho and I STILL use and LOVE RadPad and could care less if he likes it or not.  It's easier for me and so simple.  Everything is taken care of and he gets paid right on time and sometimes early. 

My landlord is soo psycho that when I ran out of personal checks one time I wrote a check from my business account (an account in my own name) and she had a fit about that. 

;
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

My landlord is soo psycho that when I ran out of personal checks one time I wrote a check from my business account (an account in my own name) and she had a fit about that. 

hahaha!  Our must be related.  And he also has NEVER accepted anything other than a bank cashier's check.  I didn't even ASK before I started using Radpad.  I just did it and he was just going to have to live with it. ;-)

Message 17 of 24
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Too bad navient doesn't take amex. 

Agreed!

Message 18 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Hmm I can pay my minimum payment for Navient with my CC ($750) but I could throw more on my CC by writing a check with plastiq. I like this idea!!!

wow 750 is a hefty min payment... don't want to know your student loan debt, guessing north of 100k

Message 19 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

wow 750 is a hefty min payment... don't want to know your student loan debt!

Wish mine was that low!

;
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.