Paying rent with credit card

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying rent with credit card

@red259 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Hmm I can pay my minimum payment for Navient with my CC ($750) but I could throw more on my CC by writing a check with plastiq. I like this idea!!!

wow 750 is a hefty min payment... don't want to know your student loan debt!

Wish mine was that low!

You seriously have more than a 750/mo minimum payment?  Mind sharing what you owe?  I pay 222/mo to them and I thought that was alot for min paymentSmiley Happy

Message 21 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Hmm I can pay my minimum payment for Navient with my CC ($750) but I could throw more on my CC by writing a check with plastiq. I like this idea!!!

Wish mine was that low!

You seriously have more than a 750/mo minimum payment?  Mind sharing what you owe?  I pay 222/mo to them and I thought that was alot for min paymentSmiley Happy

I don't even want to look to be honest, but they are loans from graduate studies and its ridiculous the amount. Because the mins are soo high it is difficult to get the balance down. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 24
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Wish mine was that low!

I upped mine on purpose because I'm snowballing them. I am right now hitting the loans $1,500 a month to pay them down quickly but want as much going on the CC to meet spend since there are not any fees for paying with a CC with Navient. It was $58 a month but I raised it to pay it off quicker and using my CC while doing it. The only amount you're able to pay with CC is the monthly payment. You aren't allowed to pay a surplus ($750 + an extra $750) on your CC. So I am trying to find out what my lowest amount I can confortable afford if a major purchase comes up, while figuring out the maximum CC spend.

Personal:

Business:

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't had this issue myself. Once payments are scheduled at the promo rate, the rate gets locked in, unless you modify the scheduled payments.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.