Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

tag
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

I received an email today from Paypal for the Paypal 2% Cashback Card but the difference between this and the other emails they've been sending about this card is that it includes a sign up bonus. I tried to apply for this card last  year and was denied due to my insufficient credit history (i forgot the reason but if necessary i can look for the denial letter again). The signup bonus is $100 statement credit after $1000 in net purchases within the first 90 days. I have a screenshot attached as well. Anyone else gotten this as well? IMG_1379.pngIMG_1380.jpg

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

Wow, that’s an impressive offer!

Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an invitation to apply but not with a bonus, mine has an introductory 0% APR through January 10, 2020.

Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!  Just checked to see if my DH had this waiting for him.  Sadly, no.

Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an invitation to apply but not with a bonus, mine has an introductory 0% APR through January 10, 2020.

Man I wish mine would have come with that!

Message 5 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Whats a SUB?
Message 6 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, it would have been nice to have this offer when I got my card. Aaaah, C'est la vie. 

Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Man, it would have been nice to have this offer when I got my card. Aaaah, C'est la vie. 

I got $25 for $200 spend back in April. Still waiting for Sync to post it. I called and confirmed they see I completed it but they said it will either be this statement or next. 

But yes, $100 > $25. 

Message 8 of 41
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

I got that e-mail this evening:

You've been selected to apply for the PayPal Cashback Mastercard based upon your PayPal history. Earn 2% cash back* every time you buy – all while enjoying no annual fee.***

Apply through this email by July 10, 2019, for the opportunity to earn a $100 statement credit when you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days from account opening.

I'll probably pass on it.  I have a couple of 0% deals where I've maxed out the cards.  Probably don't need to try to get another card now.

Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received this same email tonight. I would totally pull the trigger right now except I am planning on requesting a CLI on my NFCU CashRewards card later this month and will also be applying for a DiscoverIT card later this month. Then late next month I will be applying for an 80K car loan. I don't want to go crazy with HPs. I figure I can wait until after I (hopefully) get the car loan--deadline to apply for the PayPal card is July 10.

If you apply, let us know which credit bureau they pull and the results!

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.