Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

@Anonymous wrote:

I received this same email tonight. I would totally pull the trigger right now except I am planning on requesting a CLI on my NFCU CashRewards card later this month and will also be applying for a DiscoverIT card later this month. Then late next month I will be applying for an 80K car loan. I don't want to go crazy with HPs. I figure I can wait until after I (hopefully) get the car loan--deadline to apply for the PayPal card is July 10.

If you apply, let us know which credit bureau they pull and the results!

Sync pulls TU for most of us. 

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip--that's helpful for me since TU is my highest score.

Message 12 of 41
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Whats a SUB?

I'm on tge fence between ths card and citi dc once my discov

cash bach match year is over. If i had gotten the $100 sub, i would take it. I think I would have a decent chance with a 732 tu.

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andypanda wrote:

Whats a SUB?

I'm on tge fence between ths card and citi dc once my discov

cash bach match year is over. If i had gotten the $100 sub, i would take it. I think I would have a decent chance with a 732 tu.

More than a chance. All but guaranteed. 

Message 14 of 41
luxlight
Regular Contributor

I don't think i'm going to be applying for any credit cards soon. There is a trip that i might look forward to taking but i don't really see me adding any more cards to my arsenal as my bases are pretty well covered at the moment. My uber usually gets 2% cause i buy most of my stuff online and my disc has 3% cashback for a couple more months. But I can tell you when i initially applied for the Paypal 2% and was denied, they pulled Experian and i think my score at the time was in the low 700s. I'm guessing it depends on your location as to what bureau they pull but i lived in Texas when they pulled experian.

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 15 of 41
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Whats a SUB?

A sandwich

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the email invite today without the bonus offer. 

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@luxlight wrote:

I don't think i'm going to be applying for any credit cards soon. There is a trip that i might look forward to taking but i don't really see me adding any more cards to my arsenal as my bases are pretty well covered at the moment. My uber usually gets 2% cause i buy most of my stuff online and my disc has 3% cashback for a couple more months. But I can tell you when i initially applied for the Paypal 2% and was denied, they pulled Experian and i think my score at the time was in the low 700s. I'm guessing it depends on your location as to what bureau they pull but i lived in Texas when they pulled experian.

Had you gotten the targeted email asking you to apply, or did you submit a cold app?

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Man, it would have been nice to have this offer when I got my card. Aaaah, C'est la vie. 

I got $25 for $200 spend back in April. Still waiting for Sync to post it. I called and confirmed they see I completed it but they said it will either be this statement or next. 

But yes, $100 > $25. 

Still nice!!! I didin't get that offer either. Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this same email as well. It’s tempting because I believe PayPal card has no minimum redemption which would be a big plus. I doubt I’ll pull the trigger though.
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.