Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

tag
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

When i applied for it initially, it was just a cold app as well.

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Man, it would have been nice to have this offer when I got my card. Aaaah, C'est la vie. 

I got $25 for $200 spend back in April. Still waiting for Sync to post it. I called and confirmed they see I completed it but they said it will either be this statement or next. 

But yes, $100 > $25. 

I got $25 for $200 spend back in April as well and there was a hiccup with my card that was their fault and when I went to use it it was declined.  The customer service rep gave me an immediate credit for the $25 even though I was unable to use the card as an apology for their mistake. 

I hope this is a regular trend for users- established and new. 

Message 22 of 41
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an SUB for this card. Good luck if you go for it!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got this same email as well. It’s tempting because I believe PayPal card has no minimum redemption which would be a big plus. I doubt I’ll pull the trigger though.

It is indeed with no minimum redemption. Goes straight to PayPal when redeemed and then from there you can leave it or send it to your checking. 

Message 24 of 41
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

It looks like they're sending out a few different offers. I received an email yesterday but with a $50 SUB on $1000 spend and 0% intro APR until Jan 2020. Don't know if I'll apply though. They denied me last year so I don't know if I'm ready to risk an INQ again just yet.

Message 25 of 41
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Here's Another One

Low Intro APR2 + $100 back with the PayPal Cashback Mastercard®.

You've been selected to apply for the PayPal Cashback Mastercard based upon your PayPal history. Earn 2% cash back* every time you buy – all while enjoying no annual fee.2

Enjoy 0% introductory APR2 through January 10, 2020, on new purchases, after which the variable APR will return to 22.24% – 29.24%. Minimum monthly payments required.

Plus, earn a $100 statement credit when you spend $1,0001 in purchases within 90 days from account opening.

Apply through this email by July 10, 2019, for the opportunity to take advantage of this special offer.

Apply Now

I always just send these right into Trash. This time I opened it up when I saw the post. A bit tempting, but do I really want another Synchrony account? Smiley Indifferent

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CBTS Maybe it might be different this time since you received a targeted email?
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread has me pondering... in addition to the PayPal MC email, I also got an email inviting me to apply for PayPal credit with the 6-month no interest charge deal. Seems to me that might be a better idea than the physical MC and the SUB. Thoughts?
Message 28 of 41
luxlight
Regular Contributor

I'd say it really depends on what you really need. If you want to be able to pay off big purchases over time, paypal credit is the clear winner. But if you just need an all around 2% cashback card, this is the best one to get especially with a SUB

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 29 of 41
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Strange different ones I got one for 50 for $1k spend.. No thanks.  Already have several 2% cards if bonus was around $200 for 1k spend i would byte possibly.  Wonder how they determine 50/100/100 and 0% percent offers etc.  Strange

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.