Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

tag
AlpedHuez
Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

If this was offered to me I would strongly consider applying, been looking for a replacement for my Fido because I don't want to deal with the $50 minimum threshold to redeem rewards anymore. I use PP sparingly and have heard the horror stories with them, but in my limited dealings so far they haven't been problematic.

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sadly did not get this offer. 

Message 32 of 41
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Not sure why but the PP 2% card still interests me...

How do I get on their radar? they still are sending me offers for PP Credit... which I have no interest in...

Message 33 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Not sure why but the PP 2% card still interests me...

How do I get on their radar? they still are sending me offers for PP Credit... which I have no interest in...

UHM, APPLYSmiley Wink😄

Message 34 of 41
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I want the **bleep** sub if im gonna app =)

Message 35 of 41
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Haha, i applied once for this card and was denied. Subsequently they've been sending me email about offers for both the credit card and paypal credit almost on a biweekly basis

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 36 of 41
zerofire
Valued Contributor

You guys are lucky you even get an option of a sign on bonus although it is kind of small for the spend. In my day you applied, got your credit report poked and prodded, and if you were lucky after all that just got the plastic. Although the business debit cash back trick was a nice bonus while it lasted.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlpedHuez wrote:

If this was offered to me I would strongly consider applying, been looking for a replacement for my Fido because I don't want to deal with the $50 minimum threshold to redeem rewards anymore. I use PP sparingly and have heard the horror stories with them, but in my limited dealings so far they haven't been problematic.

I feel the exact same way about the Fidelity. I like it due to me having investments through them so it’s convenient. However, the 50$ minimum has caused the card to get SDed. It would just take me ages to reach it nowadays. My Cash+ covers most of my bills and the Altitude Reserve covers a good portion of my other non cantegory spend.

I may pull the trigger on it after I hit the SUB spend for the Altitude Reserve but still on the fence.

Message 38 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have more information on how exactly the offers work on this card?

I oddly was emailed three seperate offers for applying.

Aug was the OP's offer, Sep was no APR until 4/5/20, and Oct (the offer I hit Apply for) was 4% CB for 90 days.

Originally I just got the card for bill paying to get rewards so I never expected to make any signup bonus as I had another main card so would barely charge on this one.

Now this will be my main card as my previous card's rewards are basically worthless to me now.

What confuses me is, when I hit "Offers" in the account, strangely it shows the No APR offer but then underneath it says "If applied by 10/5/19" and I think I applied 10/13.

I assume I would only get the offer I hit Apply Now for, but if so, why would they even bother showing me that no APR offer if it doesn't even apply to me? I wouldn't mind the $100 offer as well but guess I am just out of luck most likely.

Message 39 of 41
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Wow, that's first SUB I've seen offerred for that card. Synch must be trying to keep up with all the others. 2% CB on everything is by itself a solid selling point, add this and I'd have to consider it. 

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.