cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

I received an email today from Paypal for the Paypal 2% Cashback Card but the difference between this and the other emails they've been sending about this card is that it includes a sign up bonus. I tried to apply for this card last  year and was denied due to my insufficient credit history (i forgot the reason but if necessary i can look for the denial letter again). The signup bonus is $100 statement credit after $1000 in net purchases within the first 90 days. I have a screenshot attached as well. Anyone else gotten this as well? IMG_1379.pngIMG_1380.jpg

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 741 [1 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 742 [6 Inquiries]

AAoA = 18 months, AAoOA = 2 year 7 months

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Signup Bonus

Wow, that’s an impressive offer!

01/2019:
03/2020:

Closed: CareCredit $10K, B&H Payboo $7500
Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 2 of 41
Highlighted
Contributor

I got an invitation to apply but not with a bonus, mine has an introductory 0% APR through January 10, 2020.

NFCU Go Rewards - $16,500. NFCU More Rewards Amex - $22,000. NFCU Flagship Rewards - $10,000.
PenFed Pathfinder Amex - $10,000. PenFed Power Cash - $10,000. Discover It - $11,600. Discover It #2 - $12,000.
Cap1 QS - $3,500. Cap1 QS #2 - $10,000. Total Rewards Visa - $5,300. Lowes - $35,000. Care Credit - $20,000.
Walmart - $5,000. Buckle - $7500. Wayfair - $33,100. Overstock - $29150. Pottery Barn - $26,450.
Kohls - $3,000. Amazon Prime - $10,000.
Starting Scores 2/14/2018 - EX - 609. EQ - 612. TU - 589.
Message 3 of 41
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Nice!  Just checked to see if my DH had this waiting for him.  Sadly, no.

UNpopular opinions have served me well and will offer that which has worked for me.
Message 4 of 41
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@credit4runner wrote:

I got an invitation to apply but not with a bonus, mine has an introductory 0% APR through January 10, 2020.

Man I wish mine would have come with that!

01/2019:
03/2020:

Message 5 of 41
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Whats a SUB?
Message 6 of 41
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Man, it would have been nice to have this offer when I got my card. Aaaah, C'est la vie. 

"Hover mouse over cards to see CL and APR info"

Message 7 of 41
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@ItsPossible wrote:

Man, it would have been nice to have this offer when I got my card. Aaaah, C'est la vie. 

I got $25 for $200 spend back in April. Still waiting for Sync to post it. I called and confirmed they see I completed it but they said it will either be this statement or next. 

But yes, $100 > $25. 

01/2019:
03/2020:

Message 8 of 41
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I got that e-mail this evening:

You've been selected to apply for the PayPal Cashback Mastercard based upon your PayPal history. Earn 2% cash back* every time you buy – all while enjoying no annual fee.***

Apply through this email by July 10, 2019, for the opportunity to earn a $100 statement credit when you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days from account opening.

I'll probably pass on it.  I have a couple of 0% deals where I've maxed out the cards.  Probably don't need to try to get another card now.

Message 9 of 41
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I received this same email tonight. I would totally pull the trigger right now except I am planning on requesting a CLI on my NFCU CashRewards card later this month and will also be applying for a DiscoverIT card later this month. Then late next month I will be applying for an 80K car loan. I don't want to go crazy with HPs. I figure I can wait until after I (hopefully) get the car loan--deadline to apply for the PayPal card is July 10.

If you apply, let us know which credit bureau they pull and the results!

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.