Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I figured out.  Tried with my g/fs account as she has PP Credit as well and it does require her to login but then takes her thru to the application page.  Totally forgot my PP account is a business one so that's probably why it won't let me apply.

Yep, that is probably the issue. Thanks for the Data Point!

Message 31 of 139
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
$300 for one shoe? $600 a pair that would be $12 cashback. Your off to a great start on earning lots of cash back, even if you only have a $300 limit. Incidentally my last pair of shoes was $13 really thought I was splurging.

My last pair of shoes was about a buck and a half.. CapOne QS, saved just over 2 cents.. It all adds up.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 32 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I figured out.  Tried with my g/fs account as she has PP Credit as well and it does require her to login but then takes her thru to the application page.  Totally forgot my PP account is a business one so that's probably why it won't let me apply.

So you can't apply if you have a Business Paypal account? Is there a work around?

Message 33 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant you have both a personal and business account at the same time?
Message 34 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So you can't apply if you have a Business Paypal account? Is there a work around?

I think, key word think, is that you can open a personal PP acount with different email address and get in that way.

Message 35 of 139
coolbrad
Valued Member

I'm trying really hard to tell myself I don't need this card since I have the Citi Double Cash.  So tempting though. Smiley Sad

Message 36 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have paypal master card or ebay mc can you still apply for this?

Message 37 of 139
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@coolbrad wrote:

I'm trying really hard to tell myself I don't need this card since I have the Citi Double Cash.  So tempting though. Smiley Sad

I have CiTi DC as well but they tend to be stingy with increases. Synchrony on the other hand can be very generous. Might have to app for this as a back up.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 38 of 139
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous
I used the direct offer link from doctorofcredits blog. Maybe thats why? I would post a link but I'm on mobile.

@shoegal
Im pretty sure paypal credit is an Eq pull from comenity. Ive heard sometimes they double pull Ex. Its a nice to have in the financial toolbag. Hidden tradeline and 6mo no payment no interest over $99.

Thanks for the info! Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 139
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I downgraded my business account to a personal PayPal account two months ago because a rep told me I wouldn't be able to apply or get an invite with a business PayPal account. He said there's a weird glitch that does exactly what you described.

Message 40 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.