Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

@woodyman
Make sure its not a business account. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.
Message 61 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 718 TU and only a year of history and got 3k. Seems their CL algorithm may be a bit screwy.
Message 62 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if you are still able to use the PayPal debit card after you downgrade from business to personal account?

Message 63 of 139
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jacetx wrote:

@coolbrad wrote:

I'm trying really hard to tell myself I don't need this card since I have the Citi Double Cash.  So tempting though. Smiley Sad

I'm trying to be good and not apply. Already have the Citi DC and Penfed PowerCash.

Does the PenFed card have redemption limitations?

Not really, redemption is in $5 increments. So as long as you've got $5 worth you can redeem.

But PenFed does have a kicker... you only get 2% if you're in the military or if you maintain the checking account. And the checking account requires either a $500 minimum balance or $500 minimum monthly direct deposits to avoid a $10 monthly service charge.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 64 of 139
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if you are still able to use the PayPal debit card after you downgrade from business to personal account?

I've had a Paypal 'Premier' account for ages and I have the debit MasterCard.  (I've also received several email invitations to apply for the new 2% MasterCard.)

Here's a link that gives a little info on the different Paypal account types:  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/pop/choosing_account_type_signup-outside

Message 65 of 139
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you can. I still use mine after downgrading.

Message 66 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for this card and received the $300 spending limit as well. My TU score was only 644 at the time. I didn't call to recon cause I was happy to just be approved.

I plan on using this card to cover parking for the month and then will promptly pay it in full each month to see if it'll grow!
Message 67 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged into my Paypal account this morning to make a payment on my PPC account and noticed the the Cashback Mastercard is no longer present. I'm going to be calling both Paypal and Synchrony to see whats going on. Will update when I have more information.

Message 68 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged into my Paypal account this morning to make a payment on my PPC account and noticed the the Cashback Mastercard is no longer present. I'm going to be calling both Paypal and Synchrony to see whats going on. Will update when I have more information.

Hmmm, makes me wonder if they're enforcing only having one PP credit account.  Good luck and definitely let us know what you find out.

Message 69 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can apply for it now (have PPC so I could not apply before). Would gp but i need to save this final personal card slot in case something great comes out while I'm waiting to drop below 5/24 for the next 11 months
Message 70 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.