Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Received an e-mail today saying that I should receive the card in 2-5 days and that it should be in my paypal account for use already. It's not in my account just yet. Wonder what tier I fall under. If I can believe the free transunion score from Discover, my score was 762 last month.

Message 91 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Received an e-mail today saying that I should receive the card in 2-5 days and that it should be in my paypal account for use already. It's not in my account just yet. Wonder what tier I fall under. If I can believe the free transunion score from Discover, my score was 762 last month.

Did you not get an approval email stating your CL and APR?

Message 92 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, did not get an approval e-mail at all. Which I thought was strange. When I applied, they asked to call in to verify somethings. They told me over the phone that I was approved for $5k after asking me some questions. Don't remember hearing my APR. The only other confirmation I had that I was approved was the alerts I got from Experian that a new card was open on my credit report from with a $5k limit from SYNCB/PAYPAL EXTRAS MC :/

Message 93 of 139
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Got instant approved! Some data points

649 TU score according to Credit Karma

17% Utilization

about 32k Annual income

About 86k in available credit across all my cards

23 inquiries, 15 of them are within the past 12 months.

22 total accounts, 1 is an auto loan and 1 is an unsecured loan, and the rest are credit cards

10 are less then a year old, and 6 of those 10 are less then 6 months old

11 Months AAOA

paypalapproved.png 

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 94 of 139
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Also forgot to add I have Paypal credit as well with a $3300 limit on the same Paypal account.

Also I can add I opened a Dicks Sporting Goods $300 limit, TJ Maxx $400 limit and JCPenney card with $900 limit. All 3 were opened in the past couple months, and none were the Mastercard version. Guess I got lucky on the Paypal Mastercard thankfully! Thank you Synchrony!

@Royalbacon wrote:

Got instant approved! Some data points

649 TU score according to Credit Karma

17% Utilization

about 32k Annual income

About 86k in available credit across all my cards

23 inquiries, 15 of them are within the past 12 months.

22 total accounts, 1 is an auto loan and 1 is an unsecured loan, and the rest are credit cards

10 are less then a year old, and 6 of those 10 are less then 6 months old

11 Months AAOA

paypalapproved.png 

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 95 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone received their card yet? Thought mine would be here yesterday.

Message 96 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

So weird, when i log into my paypal, a message/picture of this new card comes up and says to "click here" to learn more.  When i click, it takes me to the next window which then says:

We are unable to process your request for the PayPal MasterCard*.

If you are responding to a preapproved offer, you will be provided with additional information.

*The PayPal MasterCard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated.

Message 97 of 139
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So weird, when i log into my paypal, a message/picture of this new card comes up and says to "click here" to learn more.  When i click, it takes me to the next window which then says:

If you are responding to a preapproved offer, you will be provided with additional information.

*The PayPal MasterCard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated.

Do you have PayPal Credit? (kinda looks like it in your sig). If you do you can't also have PayPal Mstercard from Synchrony, it's one or the other.

Message 98 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have PayPal Credit? (kinda looks like it in your sig). If you do you can't also have PayPal Mstercard from Synchrony, it's one or the other.

Not true. I had Paypal Credit when i applied and was approved. Paypal stated on their support pages they were working to allow multiple credit products. I even posted a screenshot earlier in this thread showing you can have both.

Message 99 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm, interesting...not that I'm going to apply.  

It would be nice to have another 2% cash back card.  My #1 now is the Fidelity Visa which is giving me $50/month just on my bills.

Thanks both!

Message 100 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.