Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

just got the card. So far no problem 

Message 131 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Used my card the first day I got it last Saturday. No problem. I just can't add it to Samsung Pay for some reason. I was able to add it to my old phone. Just got a new one earlier this week and now it says that it's not supported.
Message 132 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

bf finally got an email today FIVE days after being approved, saying he should get his card in 2-5 days but he can use it before it even arrives!

however in tiny letters underneath all that: *If your application is not immediately approved and is placed into a pending status before approval, you will not be able to use your PayPal Cashback Mastercard until you receive and activate the card.  - so if it pends for any reason and you have to call in.. boohoo for you.. booo!

Message 133 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Long time lurker and this will be my first post Smiley Happy

I just applied for the Paypal 2% Mastercard today and I received an instant approval with a $2,000.00 credit limit ($250.00 available until card arrives). I have a FICO score of 683, 2 inq, and my average age of credit is 3 months - no bads on my record.

Message 134 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for the Paypal 2% Mastercard today and I received an instant approval with a $2,000.00 credit limit ($250.00 available until card arrives). I have a FICO score of 683, 2 inq, and my average age of credit is 3 months - no bads on my record.

Welcome to the forums!!!

Grats on the approval! Treat it well for a few statements and it will grow!

Message 135 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the forums!!!

Grats on the approval! Treat it well for a few statements and it will grow!

Thank you! This forum has been super helpful to me. I was really excited to get approved for this Paypal 2% Cashback card.

Message 136 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed my ebay extras MC in August 2017. Just now i was approved for Paypal 2% cash back card . So yeah , i dont think one has to wait for 12 months to apply for paypal 2%cash back card.

I like my apr 16.99% but my limit is 300.  But then Synchbisbweird like that. My walmart started as a store card with 250 but with in a month it was 5000 and now it is 10000 and a MC. All within a year. 

I guess i will wait for a month or two and then after 2 statements and payments request CLI. My old navy and Marvel got increases like that. After two statements. 

Message 137 of 139
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Closed my ebay extras MC in August 2017. Just now i was approved for Paypal 2% cash back card . So yeah , i dont think one has to wait for 12 months to apply for paypal 2%cash back card.

I like my apr 16.99% but my limit is 300.  But then Synchbisbweird like that. My walmart started as a store card with 250 but with in a month it was 5000 and now it is 10000 and a MC. All within a year. 

I guess i will wait for a month or two and then after 2 statements and payments request CLI. My old navy and Marvel got increases like that. After two statements. 

Congrats on your approval, especially after closing your eBay Extras card, But I bet that $300 is just a temp limit until you get your card. That 16.99% APR is their "top tier" best APR and I don't think they would give you that APR with such a low SL. When I was approved in early July I got that APR and a $200-300 temp limit and a $7k CL when the card arrived.

Some have criticized that "top tier" APR being so high, and I believe the "low tier" is as high as 23-24.99%, but the way I look at it with 2% cashback on every purchase they're not going to make much on swipe fees and need to make it up somewhere. But smart personal finance managers know that a high cashback rewards/high APR is not a card on which you want to carry a balance.

Message 138 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval, especially after closing your eBay Extras card, But I bet that $300 is just a temp limit until you get your card. That 16.99% APR is their "top tier" best APR and I don't think they would give you that APR with such a low SL. When I was approved in early July I got that APR and a $200-300 temp limit and a $7k CL when the card arrived.

Some have criticized that "top tier" APR being so high, and I believe the "low tier" is as high as 23-24.99%, but the way I look at it with 2% cashback on every purchase they're not going to make much on swipe fees and need to make it up somewhere. But smart personal finance managers know that a high cashback rewards/high APR is not a card on which you want to carry a balance.

@Anonymous i agree. With synchrony definitely the limit will increase . This is my first synch card that has the low apr . My all other synch cards have apr above 20% .So i love that i got lowest of synch apr for 2% cash back card. My lowest apr of all CCs so far is from Consumers CU cash rebate visa signature  @Anonymous.95%.  Btw i dont plan to pay any interest unless there is a 1.9% low apr promo for purchases/cashadvances/balance transfers for 12 months or something. I always PIF. And i use 0% and low apr balance transfers for putting some money in my rewards checking and earning interestSmiley Wink 

Message 139 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.